what color is this?

Thomas_Hudson

Honda owner/Honda Rider
Ok so I'm trying to find this color for one of my projects but can't find the name of it. Is this a stock Honda color or custom? And just for clarity I'm asking about the yellow/gold paint, not the black or white ;D
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 755
I think the color for that CB500 is called Candy Gold. However, there are no paint codes for Honda motorcycles prior to 1982. Your best bet is finding an example IRL and having it color matched by a professional. There are some restoration companies that have done this and sell mixed paint (Marbles Motors is one IIRC) but I've heard it is expensive.

Candy Gold. I do have the paint code somewhere, I will look for it. in 1972 the whilte pinstripes were hand done. Ihave a guy in southern Ontarion who did mine. my Candy Gold CB350 1972 K4 won best Asian Bike at the Canadian Vintage Show.

Attachments

• BEAUTY SHOT2 - Copy (1024x768).jpg
    BEAUTY SHOT2 - Copy (1024x768).jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 245
  • RIGHT TANK.JPG
    RIGHT TANK.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 287
That looks awesome. I really like the chrome trim around the bottom of the tank as well. I think the color is perfect for a 70's Honda. Uncle Billy's bike was originally green with the multi-colored stripe. But I'm sure he'd approve.

Nice bike, TheCoffeeGuy! Paint is immaculate. If you have that code, I would greatly appreciate it.

Y2C But i know the shop that did the paint were familiar with the term Candy Gold as well.

Back
Top Bottom