1972 CB250 Brat Tracker FINISHED!

Re: Gentlemen's CB250 Brat Tracker

ty.man, I simply drilled holes in the frame for those studs to poke through and then held in there with a R-clip.
The switch blocks come from eBayAU, then the switches just come from my local electronics store.
Posh make similar switch setups but they are twice the price than what I paid for these ones.

bbowman, nothing covering the upper forks, just cleaned them up a bit. I've seen guys just use some pipe cut to size to cover up ugly uppers.

brandonpx, I'll post a back pick soon. They are just from ebay.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-7-8-Handlebar-Switch-Housing-x2-cafe-racer-bobber-chopper-tracker-not-posh-/290826199003?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b6979fdb&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1216

Pic of the back of the switches as request. Not much to see really.

cindy-3853_zps4acdd333.jpg

563949_283941611706640_1351070380_n.jpg

looks the forks are crooked? Optical illusion or did you figure it out?

Bert, they are in this pic as it was a quick mockup.
All fixed now.

looking to do the switches on my cb200. you will have to tell me how much of a nightmare it is. so i can see if i spend the $270 on oem or nos ones or i buy dime universal ones. 200 vs 270 stress or no stress hmmmmmmmmm

Deepwater, I just spent 6 hours cleaning up the wiring harness and wiring in relays for the switches. I think it's worth it, but if you can get your hands on a set of clean NOS ones, I would go for them.

hey mate,
nice build youve got going here. good to find more aussies on here.

im from newcastle and im currently building a cb450. are you on caferaceraustralia.com? or heard of sydney cafe racers?

Surfpig, haven't seen that cafe racers australia forum before. Thanks for the heads up!
I'm part of the Sydney Cafe Racers group on facebook, but have never attended any rides with them before.

I've just started a little page for garage built rides in Australia.
If your interested, shoot through some photos of the CB450 your building and I can feature it on the page.
https://www.facebook.com/garagebuiltaustralia

ive got a few photos but they are shitty quality. when its more towards being complete ill send a some photos through for sure!

heres the link to the thread.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36003.0

Got the tank back from the blasters and started shaping the seat.
Had a few set backs lately though.
It is really hard trying to get things done this time of year. Everyone is shutting up shop next week and not looking to take on new customers.
I need a battery to fab up the battery box, but no one has the one I want (Ballistic 4-cell) in stock until February.
Also received the headlight in the post, but it arrived cracked. Sent it back, but then I was sent the wrong one. Sent that back, then got the right one, then wiring it up on the bench, I managed to crack the lens simply handling it. I think it must have been defected to break by just handling it.

We did have a deadline for the bike set for early Jan, but with there is no way I can get it to the quality I want in that time.

Good news is that I'm moving into my own garage/ new house tomorrow! Cannot wait to get it setup.

IMG_4835_zps01fc9468.jpg

IMG_4834_zps887a3fcb.jpg

hip, what are you seat measurements? did you elect to go with straight memory foam?

Do you happen to know the name of the green that the tank was in before you got it blasted? i fancy getting my little singles tank and hump sprayed up in that colourway?
cheers!
Tom.

hrb, the seat is roughly 550mm x 250mm (at widest point) x 40mm.
The blue stuff in the photo is closed cell foam, and I will be putting a 15mm open cell foam on top as well.

tom, not sure on the colour sorry. I'm fairly sure it had been resprayed as some stage in it's life.
I've been trying to track down the code, but have been unsuccessful.
I'm going with a Jeep colour for final paint.
GreenMetallicPGJ_zpsd6e90cb2.jpg

Think I might have to search up some colours to get a near match as thats the colour I think i'm going to be going with on my build!

Great to see some progress being made, mines been slow seeing as i cant source the right parts that i need for mine, plus the lack of welding equiptment leaves me son hold for some time, might just bite the bullet and pick one up over the next few weeks!

Tom.

I've moved into my own garage now, and acquired a third bike! Not mine though. It is my mates Royal Enfield bobber that he has left for me to fix and sell while he is overseas.
379485_312802538820547_1366824929_n_zpsf4b1af20.jpg

Sweet space. It looks a nice moto-stable, complete with some pretty horses.

Back
Top Bottom