Yes another but all mine 75 CB360 Build

My wife hooked me up with some goodies and all I though I was getting was a T-shirt!

5c7b8181206054b3495a78eaf8808999.jpg

Well I had the opportunity to take my Street Triple out this past Saturday for my maiden voyage on her. I found out I have electrical issues. Battery was zapped after 20 minutes of riding. Luckily I coasted to a buddies house. Put a new battery in her and managed to get her home. Then the next day took her for a 3 mile ride and she died again. Come to find out my Triple has had the recall work done on the R/R. Now I get to diagnose the problem all the while the weather is getting nicer and nicer. 2 bikes that don't run and one that does but that's my wife's. I guess I could ride bitch with her... :(

Ahhhh, bummer. I rode my 360 on a ride with the lady yesterday

She rides a little kz200

But I feel Ya. I'm chasing electrical gremlins on an xs650 right now

Man it was a nice day for a ride yesterday! I'm envious! I dropped my wife's Duc off at Skinners so that he could mount some fresh Michelin's. Probably going to remove my Regulator/Rectifier tonight so I can take it with me to pick up the Duc. I just want to be sure I'm testing it right.

Btw, as much as I love skinners, I've lately been taking some stuff to twin cities yamaha because they are often cheaper. I still go by skinners for bits and bobs and to shoot the shit, but I've kept the lights on at that place for some really minor work

That's cool and thanks for the heads up. Is Scot Tway still running Twin Cities? Haven't been by there in over 10 years!

plagrone said:
If that's the old dude with the pony tail that knows his shit then yessir

I called Twin Cities to see if they'd mount my new tires for my Street Triple. Said I didn't by the tires from them so they wouldn't touch it. Oh well, I'll keep helping pay the electric bill at Skinner's since Twin Cities wont shut up and take my money..... They do good work at Skinners so I'm happy.

Did anybody else get a private message from raretromoto dot com about seats. Man! I really need to get back on this project. Been so busy I haven't had much time to work on her! :(

Got a little work done this past weekend on the seat pan. Still needs to be shaped to match the lines on the frame but I plan on working on that this weekend. I might cut my bends off near the tank because they didn't turn out like I had hoped.
76017-061115085019.jpeg

76017-061115084836.jpeg

I found that you can make up a lot of where the seat meets the tank when you're carving the foam for the cushion, if you're concerned about that.

adventurco said:
I found that you can make up a lot of where the seat meets the tank when you're carving the foam for the cushion, if you're concerned about that.

Thanks man! Yea I am concerned about that and was hoping that I could basically "tuck" the foam part of the seat in to fill that gap. Basically not even needing the bent plate part of the seat pan.

The seat pan I made for Luna is shaped around the tank mount rubber, basically a rectangular void in the seat. The bottom of the foam pad meets the tank at the bottom, and is cut at about a 45* angle upward and toward the front of the tank to close the gap there.

c0538f8e012afe7e38c2f4ad0021b61f.jpg

I am still working on this project. It's very hard to find time to work on her but I'm not abandoning it. I don't care if it takes 10 years haha.
Onto the progress. I've got my seat pan figured out. All I need to do is add seat foam, upholster and mount it.

This will be more of a brat style than cafe. Change of plans. I'm sure you guys know how that goes.

76017-200217140803.jpeg

76017-200217140924-24002387.jpeg

76017-200217140930-24021999.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom