First build, CB750 SOHC, starting with 3x frames and motors

jjminch

Well my project scope quickly got out of control. I started with a mostly complete 77 750F bike. When it arrived the frame was bent and engine fins damaged. Then I bought a 78k Frame and motor as a way to get that running and have a spare motor.

A few days later, I bought a bike in the box with a stroker motor, CR carbs, Excel wheels and a big brake kit amongst other parts.

So my plan is simple. Get one bike assembled and running. It will be a 72 Frame with a 78k motor.

The passenger pegs were cut so I'm looking to either get a set or just go with a solo seat.

First bike I'd like to go with a brat seat. I'm worried about tire clearance. Longer shocks might be needed as I certainly don't want a hard tail ride if I have to run stiff shocks.

Pic of the roller on the table shows forks that are extended. I have a set of OEM length ones I just got, need to swap the fork lowers for the brake mount.

Any recommendations on seats would be appreciated. The one I have on the complete bike is terrible. Might as well be a 2x4 and is too narrow.

Hope to have the roller completed by next month, work trips keep interfering.

Attachments

• IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 258
Welcome to DTT bud.
Looks like you got all the pieces to get her built.

Well not as much progress has been done as I'd have wanted. I did source a seat, it's on order but I'll put the link it now. It's not a brat seat like I originally intended, but I think it'll look nice.

http://www.bedlamwerks.com/index.php/store/parts/seats-and-seat-pans/ace-dome-cafe-racer-seat-pan-1-172-detail

Next up I found a set of regular length forks. I'll need to tear those down and transfer the fork lowers, since I have a custom caliper mount.

Picked up some super bike bars. May not look as cool as clipons but I'm sure my back will thank me.

Attachments

• IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    869.8 KB · Views: 211
lostinmiself said:
What tank are you going to use?

Sent from my SM-N920V using DO THE TON mobile app

The black 78k tank that's on there is the plan for now. I may change my mind and try for a smaller tank. Not sure what else will mount up relatively easily.

These pics are a bit of an inspiration for my build. The white one has the same seat as I'm getting.

Attachments

• IMG_1110.PNG
    IMG_1110.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1109.JPG
    IMG_1109.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 333
Back
Top Bottom