78 cb750k cafe build no name yet

If you're going through the trouble of pulling the motor for a top end rebuild, might I suggest an 836 kit in some fashion or another?

The old "while you're in there might as well..." mentality

To be honest I don't really want to go that far with this build. If I did that then I'd want to do a hot cam and electronic ignition too, and setting up the carbs after such mods ain't much fun. The motor ran great it just needs new gaskets and probably a hone/rings and to make it pretty again :)

looking good ;) you done fine with that loop there is actually no need for it as far as frame structural,this is a common misconception and just shows how many out there are actually ignorant of what a frame goes thru the original is simply a seat fender mounting deal to support the loads of a rider and a fat ass passenger tailight and fender flopping etc
with a solo seat it becomes pretty much frivolous

The 77-78 oil tank is much more space friendly than the early tank I had on the woodgrain bike so I'll be keeping it stock. I ordered a set of new side covers to go along with.

coming along nicely... VHT paint? if so just be easy on it until you run it up to temp and cure it.

i don't understand why you leaved huge patches of old gasklet on there like a map of counties :-[ .it's gotta be down to all metal, it will be a miracle if it seals

Back
Top Bottom