REMOTE MASTER CYLINDERS [S]

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
For anyone who wants to de-clutter the bars and get that 60's look if using disc brakes [ ?? ].

I have a number of BMW Airhead remote master cylinders. Very compact and efficient operated by cable from bars to hidden location [ under tank ? ].

Probably have 5 or 6 all in good to usable condition. I stockpiled these before I bought the Grimeca 4LS brakes !

Very rare now. £40 for a rebuildable one [ seals - still available ] £50 for an operating one.

i think the m/c was actually mounted on the bottom triple clamp

same went for Z1R kawasakis, they had the lever only on the bars with the hidden m/c

spotty said:
i think the m/c was actually mounted on the bottom triple clamp

same went for Z1R kawasakis, they had the lever only on the bars with the hidden m/c
An airhead m/c, like I assume what Beach has, is mounted under the tank on the top tube. They're famous for leaking, so it's pretty common for most airhead frames to be without paint where the m/c mounted.

32772912504_797faccf25_z.jpg

well there you go, i was wrong, ask the missus and i've never been right so no major surprise there

and most un-bmwlike to allow a leaking anything, somebody will have to be shot for that

Yes that's the one Irk. Also very "un BMW like" is the method of attachment - YES it is with a hose clamp. :eek:

Of course it is completely a remote system and as long as you can get a free cable run to the activating arm - you can hide it almost anywhere.

Rebuild kits were available at a very reasonable price - around £15.00 from memory.

Back
Top Bottom