1975 Honda CB125S

Unfortunately, 8v is probably dead for LI-ION. They don't usually charge back up from being that low.

360 stator should fit, but I think the timing marks might be different?

vwrabbit said:
Got the superbike bars mounted upsidedown. Looks pretty good. The wife isn't so keen. She says it looks like a crotch rocket now. Thanks to hillsy's tip, I notched the controls to avoid drilling. Need to notch the right side a little more though.

I need to get better pictures tomorrow.

I like the barsdid you have to replace cables etc with it being lower?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Pulled the battery and replaced it with a large cap in hopes that I could still get it to run, but no love. Only with the battery...

vwrabbit said:
Pulled the battery and replaced it with a large cap in hopes that I could still get it to run, but no love. Only with the battery...

Try using an AGM battery, it's heavier but can also be place on its side too

Yah, leaning that way. Just ordered a li ion charger thinking I'd keep the WPS, but returning to Amazon and will also return the charger and get an AGM battery.

Ok, did some research tonight. Learned that these bikes won't start if the battery goes flat or is not installed due to the ignition type. Battery required to create spark. Might just pick up a cheap lead acid battery for now to try to figure out if my charging system is working. My aftermarket regulator rectifier may not be working also.

Started mocking up the seat. Didn't get pics as the dogs were being a-holes so I had to go in for the night.

The seat will only be about 6" wide and about 22" deep total. Seating area will end at about 16". That seems to be where I'm comfortable.

vwrabbit said:
Started mocking up the seat. Didn't get pics as the dogs were being a-holes so I had to go in for the night.

The seat will only be about 6" wide and about 22" deep total. Seating area will end at about 16". That seems to be where I'm comfortable.
I'm following

Very nice job! I'm currently building a Honda ML125 1983, turning it into something between a brat and a scrambler.
Liked what you did in your front fender, looks like what i wanna make with mine, besides it's a little rusty.
Following thread and keep on!

Have the seat mocked up. Have to love heavy cardboard and a hot glue gun. Trying to get some old cans of spray foam to cooperate and fill in the voids. If this looks satisfactory, I'll cut out some plywood to use as a buck and cover with fiberglass.

Attachments

• 20170525_143634.jpg
    20170525_143634.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 328
  • 20170525_143910_HDR.jpg
    20170525_143910_HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 324
  • 20170525_143921_HDR.jpg
    20170525_143921_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 326
  • 20170525_143930.jpg
    20170525_143930.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 326
vwrabbit said:
Have the seat mocked up. Have to love heavy cardboard and a hot glue gun. Trying to get some old cans of spray foam to cooperate and fill in the voids. If this looks satisfactory, I'll cut out some plywood to use as a buck and cover with fiberglass.
Green florist foam works great and you can shave it and sand it down nicely

I always forget about that stuff. I have something similar to balsa foam that I might try. I'm not the best at keeping things symmetrical though. So carving might not be much fun. With these templates, I have things fairly symmetrical.

Got the bar end mirrors today. So installed them. Also replaced the broken front brake light switch.

Attachments

• 20170528_152115.jpg
    20170528_152115.jpg
    926.7 KB · Views: 330
vwrabbit said:
Got the bar end mirrors today. So installed them. Also replaced the broken front brake light switch.
Nice yeah mine isn't perfectly symmetrical either but close enough for a first time, next one will be made when I take off the plastics and make fit closer to the frame, I'll also have to make a seat pan at the same time, it's hard though cause I use it as a daily runner too

Nice seat pan! I made mine with pure fiberglass directly molded on the bike. Think it doesn't need greater reinforcements, since the body weight is totally on the bike frame.

Looks like I fried the coil. It was the stock 6v one. Found an aftermarket one cheap on Amazon that looks like a direct replacement.

New AGM battery installed also.

Back
Top Bottom