JUNE 2013 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTING

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote for what you like - convince others to agree with you. No negative campaigning :D

Nominees - if you want your voting picture changed just PM me with a new one. I tried to find the best I could.

Post up your build pics, stories - let's see what happens! Three awesome bikes all deserving this month, as always.

My vote's in, Had to go with Texasstar and Zeke. Swan's bike is beautiful and is show quality but the heart and sole that went into the little CB200 was the reason I choose it. I can't vote for both sadly. Good luck to all 3, as they are all great bikes.

Dutch Von Shed said:
All lovely work, but my vote goes to the CB Two-Fiddy "Gent's" Bratster. It's just right.

Have to agree. on the CB 250 brat. Something just seems right about it.

Tex's bike is the tits and the story behind it is heart warming even for a scrouge like me. However from the thread it seems to not quite be finished with electrical, seat etc. It will be BOM soon enough...the thing is gorgeous.

Gary

Dutch and I have been talking, and he's made the awesome offer to feature the winner of the BOTM contest each month on his cool blog www.thebikeshed.cc :D

I'll let Dutch give the rundown on his blog, but I can tell you Dutch and his crew have a top notch site, a great club and have just put on what looked to be an incredible event just last week in London. DO THE TON was on board supporting the event, as were our good friends at Iron & Air, Maple Jeans etc. Dutch's brother Tim put together a retrospective video of the event.

http://vimeo.com/66839523

i voted for the 200. Because i followed the build and would love to do something similar when i get kids.

Swan's build is just WAAAY out there - he should get a statue. The 250 is amazing as well. It was a tough choice.

Swan's BSA Goldstar is the most beautiful and meticulously put together bike. I've been an avid follower since he started. For all the work and love he has put into it my votes going to him.

You would make things tough . If anyone has a question about the determination showed by Swan or Zeke take a look at the beginning of their build threads an see what they started with . I've never revealed a birthday wish or a vote . I just hope all have as difficult a time making a decision as I did .
All three are deserving nominees

~kop

Wow! This one may be close! Love the tracker. And whats cooler than a father son build? But Swan's BSA...work of art! Hmm.... Voted!

gk45011 said:
Have to agree. on the CB 250 brat. Something just seems right about it.

Tex's bike is the tits and the story behind it is heart warming even for a scrouge like me. However from the thread it seems to not quite be finished with electrical, seat etc. It will be BOM soon enough...the thing is gorgeous.

Gary
Hey Gary it is Zeke and we have finished our wiring for our speed runs. Everthing is tucked away neatly as you can see by the picture. Our seat is not there to save weight. Thank you for calling Lucky gorgeous!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 445
Thanks for the votes guys. I appreciate it.
I'm super happy how it has turned out for a first build.
Looking forward to the next one.

Build thread here...
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41776.0

A couple more photos to feast on....

Gentlemen I want you to know that my son says it is not right to cast your vote for your own bike and I am very proud of him for doing that. That being said we are casting our vote for Swan. We know he loves his bike as much as we love Lucky. We have read his thread and his story is beautiful. I also want my son to learn that with great patience you can achieve the art that Swans bike is. It belongs at the pinnacle of all great builds. It is the swan song of what all bike builds should be. Oh and his bike is from TEXAS baby! We are currently negotiating on a 71 BSA Rockett 3 btw Swan. This is like having 3 beautiful ladies, a redhead, brunette, and blonde all loved by their lovers saying pick mine. I tell my son to love one woman for life but many motorcycles. We love all three. I would love to get down and dirty with Hip's Brattracker, go swooning on Swan's BSA on a Sunday, and truth be told Lucky is more of a groin giggle than my Super 3. Swan don't get me wrong Zeke is going to go down swinging. :)

Texas, your son sounds like a fine young man, with a father he should be proud of. You both have my vote. Damn fine bike.

The competition was fierce though.

Three very nice bikes in their own way. I have owned a CB350 and a Goldie and a bunch of small CB160/175 and all three bikes and all three stories speak to me in different ways. My vote is cast, and a gentleman doesn't vote and tell. :)

Good luck to all three bikes and builders. Three winners.

Man this was a tough one. Went back and forth a bunch. Good luck to all three bikes. Everyone should be really proud.

Back
Top Bottom