Post a pic of your latest purchase

J-Rod10 said:
I think he has operators and machinists mixed up.
24000bc9ff58eef94bad4fa009e59209.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

https://www.medexsupply.com/wound-care-liquid-adhesive-ethicon-dermabond-advanced-topical-skin-adhesive-2-octyl-cyanoacrylate-0-7-ml-x_pid-69501.html?pid=69501&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxrP7593x1wIVDdlkCh3VEwDqEAQYAyABEgIxyvD_BwE

Keep one or 2 around, then when you aren't sure if it needs stitches but a band aid isn't enough you can fix it. From experience it'll stay on 3-4 days, which is enough to get the healing going.

Rat_ranger said:
https://www.medexsupply.com/wound-care-liquid-adhesive-ethicon-dermabond-advanced-topical-skin-adhesive-2-octyl-cyanoacrylate-0-7-ml-x_pid-69501.html?pid=69501&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxrP7593x1wIVDdlkCh3VEwDqEAQYAyABEgIxyvD_BwE

Keep one or 2 around, then when you aren't sure if it needs stitches but a band aid isn't enough you can fix it. From experience it'll stay on 3-4 days, which is enough to get the healing going.

Superglue is the same stuff and works fine ;D

Sonreir said:
I bought Vintage Connections.

It just about fits into the shop, but I definitely have some organizing to do.
I’m 3 pages late to the party, but congrats Sonreir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-Rod10 said:
Lol. That what my first thought. The blade broke, went quite deep. Had the woman take a look at it, she's a nurse. She recommended stitches. It's butterfly taped and wrapped until I can get some rear sets shipped this afternoon. Been leaking blood for hours now.

What causes these blades to break like that?

CrabsAndCylinders said:
What causes these blades to break like that?
Getting dull where it cuts, too much pressure on it. Unfortunately, the rest of it is still sharp as can be.

Picked up a toy to live with my other new toy.
The 1937 Hardinge I restored is an awesome little lathe, but I just kept finding it too small, and the lack of threading ability got old quick. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

This guy is just a jet 14x40 but so far it runs smooooooth as butter and cuts well. Seems rigid enough for my needs.

Attachments

• IMG_20171202_163029-1619x1214.jpg
    IMG_20171202_163029-1619x1214.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 151
J-Rod10 said:
Getting dull where it cuts, too much pressure on it. Unfortunately, the rest of it is still sharp as can be.

My machinist buddy told me the other day that he's seen more injuries caused by a deburr tool than any other tool in a machine shop lol

SONIC. said:
My machinist buddy told me the other day that he's seen more injuries caused by a deburr tool than any other tool in a machine shop lol
I managed to make it six years without slipping with one. My old man has scars all over from them throughout his 30+ years. I don't know many that haven't gotten a cut from one.

They tend to break right at the radius in the blade. Leaving a ridiculously sharp edge to slide right across flesh.
9fa2d21b89de2e970cc54c90ba6e2e5f.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

J-Rod10 said:
I managed to make it six years without slipping with one. My old man has scars all over from them throughout his 30+ years. I don't know many that haven't gotten a cut from one.

Yep, its kinda funny, In my time as a tool and die maker I think the worst injury I got was from a deburr tool.

Snagged an extra set of wheels for the dr650. Plan is to mount a street set on one set and knobbies on the other. I have tried out the dual sport tires, and while they are a good compromise, I feel like im either riding offroad pretty hard or on the street. With this setup, though ill have to switch back and forth, ill be able to be all in with whatever style of riding im doing, and also have a different gearset for each wheelset as well.
3b656c52dd8a56aad001e7dc0cda0c22.jpg

Hurco550 said:
Snagged an extra set of wheels for the dr650. Plan is to mount a street set on one set and knobbies on the other. I have tried out the dual sport tires, and while they are a good compromise, I feel like im either riding offroad pretty hard or on the street. With this setup, though ill have to switch back and forth, ill be able to be all in with whatever style of riding im doing, and also have a different gearset for each wheelset as well.

Nice! Thought you were going to use Katana wheels?

ridesolo said:

Nice! Thought you were going to use Katana wheels?
I was, but these came up and I'm being lazy for now lol Speedo drive works on these, since they will (almost) bolt in, and the kickstand is the right height so it won't have to be switched out with the wheel swap like the dual 17,s would. I'll still likely use the katana wheels for a supermoto setup eventually though

Hurco550 said:
3b656c52dd8a56aad001e7dc0cda0c22.jpg

Sounds like the DR is not for sale any longer either. !

canyoncarver said:
Sounds like the DR is not for sale any longer either. !
Lol you can still sell a bike with an extra wheel set

Back
Top Bottom