Out in a field Build ... XS 500 The Sock Monkey ( Finished pics ,video, )

Re: Out in a field Build ... The Sock Monkey

So been working on where all the Elec stuff will go out of the way . The Rec/reg i know needs to have some air to keep it cool so mounted it under the seat tray i put in. Then i picked up a Shorai battery, Newtronic Ignition,Starter Relay all very small to place under the seat bump. After messing with this way or that way with the parts this is what i came up with. Also Ive made it so with 3 bolts i can remove the seat and work on it if needed . Should be getting my last elec part today so hoping by next week can get on the wiring and get it running befor pulling it apart to have PC and some painting done !
alls.jpg

allll.jpg

mmmqmqmq.jpg

I like that setup for your electronics under the seat. Looks like it will be nice and hidden.

Yea im hopin ,it all fits nice and clean under the tail . Now if i can get all the wires in there nice and clean !

You seem to have enough room in there for electrics, mine was a bit more tighter fit.

Coming together nicely!

Well After pulling my hair out over the wiring i seem to have made some head way . with the help of a buddy we where able to get some power moving . Got the new ignition all mounted up and started to run wire. Got the starter button to go make the starter relay to go CLICK CLICK CLICK and the tail light to fire up along with the dash lights. First of next week will be getting the other parts up and going im hoping !
2ndlight.jpg

firstlight.jpg

Did you completely trash the original wiring harness or just add to it? I am struggling to take that step since mine is perfectly fine.

There are just too many damn wires on the stock wiring harness and wanna simplify it.

Once i fill the rear reserve its just for looks who needs rear brakes lol No think the pic makes it look that way has more then enuff room to remove the cap and can add more fluid .
As for the wiring harness goes the stock one had some bad spots where the shielding was gone . So went tho it and cleaned those up and removed what im not using and went from there . With newer parts it removed alot of shit off the harrness. Just using the stock harness to make a prototype then once i have it all worked out will copy that one to make new one !

Get a white LED on that gauge, man. It's a bit too dim right now!

Yea i agree ,the bottom light is burnt out and was think of putting red ones in to match everything else !

Stop over at my buddys who is painting my tins this weekend and help him get everything in primor. Should have it in color by this coming weekend we are hoping ! Still needs wet sanded and some fill here and there but not to bad so far. Also will be working on wiring this week and hope to have the bike running soon !
tankpaint.jpg
tankpaint2.jpg

And things are moving now almost done with wiring have two small things waiting for then it will be all done . Looking for a few other parts like pods,chain,brake lines etc....
Still need to figure out the front brake set up thinking of going with a FZR disk and caliper but not 100% on that as of now . My buddy thats painting my bike sent me these today and cant say how happy i am with it . I never thought when i started this build i would be at this point but here we are . They still need wet sanded and cleared going over this weekend to help out and hope to learn something.
redtwoone.jpg

redone.jpg

onetwo.jpg

frontfender.jpg

Those look really good. Hope my tins turn out that well.

Looks good! Keep it up man. By the way... A sock monkey... Is that where you take a tube sock, fill it with lotion and... OOOHHHHH... You probobly mean the doll. I get it. Carry on.

UMMMMM....Dont know what your talking about and im sticky .... I mean sticking to my story ....

LOL That my friend is some funny shit ! The name "sock monkey" came from the rear tail light . After a few beers and messin with the tail light it looked like the sock monkey lips . So after cutting some black tape for eyes we started calling the bike sock monkey lol and don't believe anything Von will tell you, he doesn't like red bikes and just wants to tell me my bike SUCKS ! LOL

So was over at the painters helping with the Yamaha decals befor clearing it . Also have been working on the brake problem on the front . And lifes funny see a fellow DTT member had just a very small motor problem. If you havent seen BradJs motor all i can say is WOW ! As it just so happens he was looking for a topend which i had and i was looking for FZR parts. So long story short it worked out for both of use and I would just like to thank him very cool dude . So back to the paint ......
sweet.jpg

sweeet.jpg

sweeeet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom