SIMPSON BANDIT HELMETS... The new Cafe Racer must??!!...

Drewski said:
Having lived bikes for many years, the Bandit's remind me of the late 70's - 80's! That, of course, places them after the cafe era.

Most of us ride bikes from the 70's....so I guess by wearing a Simpson, we're actually presenting the 70's style of the 50's? Baby steps to nostalgia.

Represto said:
Most of us ride bikes from the 70's....so I guess by wearing a Simpson, we're actually presenting the 70's style of the 50's? Baby steps to nostalgia.

Yup! I'm all for it! ;D After all, who am I to be critical of those who want to mix eras! ;) ;D

Style is such a personal thing, isn't it! ;D It's not all 'me', but I love to see the different styles out there!

I never liked fullface before...just didnt care for it. But the simpson is like motorcycle/mad max ish... and thats what i like about it. like i should be shooting at people while im trying to get gas for my cb....or something..just let me live my dream..

I was thinking it would be fun to do a mad maxian capture the flag kinda game...on bikes...around the city.

Then I realised that I was drunk. Ate some pizza. Then passed out on my couch.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzZZZzzzzzzz learn to cut through all the wiping!!

man if i wore a cape with that fullface... *breathes heavily* luke......

yes. capture the flag!!! i'm sober and love the idea..

Hmmmmm....guess I'm just the odd one out. I don't get it?

Cool if you want to look like Darth Vader or Mad Max........but to me I don't see the point? Why is it a must have 'Cafe' accessory?

And I don't want to hear any of that "oh, but it's a fullface and will save ya noggin" type bullshit, leave that to the Sports Bike riders...hehehe ;D

Give me a simply Black Openface or 'Puddin' Lid anyday.

I don't prefer full face either, but the wife would be more comfortable with me using one of these, I'm sure....while I don't personally like the style for riding, I do appreciate people's creativity with them...

Iron man, anyone?
im16.jpg

from Ebay auction 220288895272 not for the Iron Man helmet, though...just shown to reference his paint skills

Nice.

The "cafe racer must" thing is just something that spawned on this site, as far as I know.
Sure, fullfaced helmets are safer, and bandits are vintage full faced helmets, so I guess it's an easy choice for people who want a full faced helmet and still want to have everything old.

Don't worry ROne, you're not the first person to not like the bandits... Take a look through this thread. :D

Ease said:
Nice.

The "cafe racer must" thing is just something that spawned on this site, as far as I know.
Sure, fullfaced helmets are safer, and bandits are vintage full faced helmets, so I guess it's an easy choice for people who want a full faced helmet and still want to have everything old.

Don't worry ROne, you're not the first person to not like the bandits... Take a look through this thread. :D

Ya, I'm not sure how the Bandit got the Cafe 'vintage' label? They came on the scene in the late 70's as far as I can tell! If ya want 'vintage' full face you should look to the 60's or early 70's. I'm thinkin the Bell 'Star' would be more like it!

The white one on the left.

MyHelmets003.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I happen to like the Bandit. I've owned one since 1983. I think it's more like a "Streetfighter's Must Have"!

My 2 cents. ;)

ROne said:
Hmmmmm....guess I'm just the odd one out. I don't get it?

Cool if you want to look like Darth Vader or Mad Max........but to me I don't see the point? Why is it a must have 'Cafe' accessory?

And I don't want to hear any of that "oh, but it's a fullface and will save ya noggin" type bullshit, leave that to the Sports Bike riders...hehehe ;D

Give me a simply Black Openface or 'Puddin' Lid anyday.
Hey rone Did you get those rims powdercoated or just painted? i want to do the same to mine. But i wasnt sure about the little rubber honda things that meet each spoke at the end.

Well rumor has it that LoveHertz was seen sporting a black Bandit helmet while skillfully lane-spitting her cb360 cafe racer through the cab infested streets of toronto earlier today...

Geezzz... Stig look out!!... ;D

ya ya, i love the helmet.. despite what anyone says and how many people wear it!

now i have a question..... gonna sand it down and wondering what kind of paint i should use on it?
i asked noel and he said black spray paint..(!!!!) but.. perhaps you guys have different aiding suggestions.

lovehertz said:
ya ya, i love the helmet.. despite what anyone says and how many people wear it!

now i have a question..... gonna sand it down and wondering what kind of paint i should use on it?
i asked noel and he said black spray paint..(!!!!) but.. perhaps you guys have different aiding suggestions.

Hey!!.. There is nothing wrong with black, especially if its a matte-black...
Or why not do it in a "CAptain America" Star-spangled colours.... sort of a DrJ tribute?
;D

i have 2 of them, and one is for sell. $200. black, worn about 10 times. its a large. if anybody interested 416 588 2400

HOLY SHIT... This GEneration 1 Bandit model 30 is selling on ebay for $422 as of Dec 15/08

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150315541736

:eek:

Back
Top Bottom