Now called Bender the Tracker whatever thing that was once a Transalp.

Ross.

over there.....
It has been sometime since i last posted in these forums. A few bikes have also come and gone to.

This is my latest bike. It was once a 1987 Transalp. I bought it off a mate. He had it modified. Then I put my hand to it. I like to fiddle and change things. So one day to the next the bike can be changed.

What it looked like when I bought it.

1024xDSC_0001.jpg

1024xDSC_0009.jpg

1024xDSC_0015.jpg

1024xDSC_0016.jpg

I have had to replace the radiators. Alloy, heat and fluid with the passing of time makes for leaks.

The rear rim also suffered the dreaded Honda Gold rim rot. It now has a nice brand new rim and spokes.

13254639_10208471601163637_457369102598751964_o.jpg

How it looks this morning.

1024xDSC_0003.jpg

1024xDSC_0005.jpg

Re: The Zombie Slayer Tracker whatever thing that was once a Transalp.

So much character, I dig it.

Clear coat over bare steel. This clear coat is not the best of friends with petrol. So I made a leather tank 'bra' to help catch the fuel drops. Then I found I still had some perforated alloy sheet. Some old straps. So made a alloy tank 'bra".

1024xDSC_0005.jpg

1024xDSC_0006.jpg

That looks alright, there are parts I'd change a bit, but overall pretty good and I like the concept.

Sunday morning ride with mates.

1024xDSC_0057.jpg

13584859_306751346324240_1910568310462155986_o.jpg

Sunday arvo fitted smaller headlight and cowl from one of the old ER185s I have.

Undecided.

1024xDSC_0005.jpg

1024xDSC_0007.jpg

Actually yeah, it does look better.

The headlight that I have fitted has come off a ER1865 which runs a 6 volt system and not a H4 globe. I have fitted a H4 globe. The cut of the lens in no way throws light out at all. To solve this I have going to fit a small Bates style headlamp. It may or may not fit in the cowling.

I have had in my mind to do one last cosmetic change. Have been looking at street trackers with racing plates. Liked what I saw but had to be different.

Original seat back on. Its plush compared to the old chopper seat I had fitted.
Smaller headlight fitted. Offset. I like things not to be lined up.
KTM racing plate to hide the cables from the bars etc. My own crappy paint scheme on that.

Also think it wont be the Zombie Slayer anymore. Calling it the Zeke. As in Japanese WWII fighter Zeke (Zero).

1024xDSC_0002.jpg

1024xDSC_0015.jpg

1024xDSC_0018.jpg

That is one awesome creature, love your eyes for detail. One thing you have that many lack is also the ability to combine all these details to a very cool bike. I sure dont!

julian.allard66 said:
I like the number plate and headlight.

It was something I had planned to do for awhile. I should have just followed my gut and did it earlier.

datadavid said:
That is one awesome creature, love your eyes for detail. One thing you have that many lack is also the ability to combine all these details to a very cool bike. I sure dont!

Cheers man. Really appreciate your feedback. :)

Mock up front guard fitted. Going high. Have a KTM guard coming that is swoopier and pointy.

Will this make it a SUV that never goes off road?

I have turned the Zeke into a Pelican.

1024xDSC_0007%2Bcopy.jpg

I dig that new front fender, definitely a sexy looking bike

hackbart said:
I dig that new front fender, definitely a sexy looking bike

Cheers mate.

Transalps have a few known problems. :eek: CDI box failure is one. The seat base over time drops and rests on the CDI boxes. This can cause damage inside where the connectors are soldered. The solder cracks causing the connectors to be loose therefore not allowing the flow of electricity.

2 weeks ago I ordered a new CDI from the States. I am still waiting for this to come in the mail. Today the bike would not start. No spark to rear cylinder. Swapped the CDI boxes around just to make sure this was the problem. Start up and the rear now has spark.

I could wait a few more days for the new CDI to arrive or have a go at fixing it. Youtube has a few videos on how to do this. Crack the box open on the other side from the connectors. Re-solder these. Tapped up the box. Connected up and the bike starts and runs. Temp fix done.

It is also suggested that the Honda CDI relocation bracket be used to get the boxes away from the seat or do as i did and bridge the frame. I used some L shape metal bracket cut to fit and the seat sits on that and does not touch the CDIs.

1024xDSC_0004.jpg

1024xDSC_0012.jpg

Beak - a bird's horny projecting jaws; a bill.

KTM front guard fitted. Added a bit of silver.

1024xDSC_0014.jpg

1024xDSC_0015.jpg

1024xDSC_0019.jpg

What was meant to be a simply chain lube
4 hours later.
Yes chain was tightened and lubed in the end.
KTM gear off.
Drag bars that came with the bike back on.
Small headlight fitted to head stem/fairing mount.
Some black paint added to the tank.
Almost back to the way I got it.
I think the original modifier of this bike knew what he was doing after all.

1024xDSC_0003.jpg

1024xDSC_0004.jpg

1024xDSC_0007.jpg

1024xDSC_0013.jpg

Back
Top Bottom