Suzuki GS Cafe Racer Collective! Share knowledge.. ask build questions!

I thought I would post this link here so that I, and anyone else who may wish to, can refer to it when the spirit leads. Great, great article on the development of the GSXR from its earlier lineage.

Enjoy!

http://www.gsxr-suzuki.it/en/gsxr-750-1985.html

Finally finished (basically) my 84 GS750 and then broke my arm two hours after rolling it out of the barn.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 333
Before:
IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3617.JPG

After:
IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

I've since painted the header wrap and installed my bar end mirrors. I also ditched the cheap pods and put the stock airbox back on with a K&N filter. I painted the caps to match the tank. Not full blown Cafe, but Cafe-Light....

Any of you fellas have the air cleaner assembly on the shelf, and that you'd be willing to sell? Not the airbox... The stuff INSIDE. Picked up a '77 that I'd like to return to stock. Thanks all.

Hello All,

Heres my GS550E that I have had for almost a year. I have been working to make some cafe racer updates to it, but currently don't have a proper garage to make any major modifications. So, I have updated the headlight, handlebars, guages, shocks, etc. I plan to switch to clips ons and polish my top triple tree since the bike was knocked over by a car and the handlebars were bent a bit. Then, the next mission will be to change the location of the choke. Has anyone relocated this sucessfully? Would it be easier to simply get rid of the entire cable and just pull the carbs open manually for putting on the choke?

Back
Top Bottom