915cc cb750 engine installed

Re: 915cc cb750 cases together

Lifted out the 836 today in preparation to install the 915. Still have a few parts to come in but I am at the point of no return now.

photo.jpg

915 is in.

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

man the motor looks great! love the silver on the heads to tie in the tins... great work man... glad to see i am not the only one to sue that wheel chuck! hahahaha actually pulled mine and my brothers off yesterday and stripped and blasted them. i am going to coat them red to match the lift... anal i know

We have two of those chucks on our open trailer. Great value.

Motor is looking fantastic too.

* side note.... sorry off topic... i just stripped 2 down and coated them last night... if you have them on your trailer be sure you are checking the welds!!! we have had 3 go bad... they rust right though on the upper support, even last night i coated mine and my brothers to match the lifts (pain in the ass by the way) but we used his 2x's to take our bikes to FL... it was rusted right though i had to re weld it before coating

2pzw4g4.jpg

Some minor updates. I was able to get the cam degreed with the help of a friend and a second set of eyes. While I have the bike torn apart I decided to do some clean up of the wiring and ship off my tins to Nvr2old for some fresh paint.

IMG_9680.jpg

IMG_9707.jpg

IMG_9716.jpg

nice build, so what kind of cash will you have in the build like this when done...
good luck,joe@ vcycle

i see another motor in the back!!!!! hahahaha what you doing for paint? i was really diggin the clean lines it had before?

JRK5892 said:
i see another motor in the back!!!!! hahahaha what you doing for paint? i was really diggin the clean lines it had before?
The engine in the back is the original 836 with APE head. I am keeping that and looking for another 750 to put it in. As for the paint, I really liked the look of the old paint to so I don't think I will stray to far from it. I have never had a professional paint job on a build and felt this bike deserved it. The guy I am using does a great job and knows how to keep a good flow on the old bikes. http://www.meticulouspaint.com/ I am just lucky that he lives with in driving distance.

Hi Tweaking,
You have a really good looking engine build. It definitely is ALL OUT!
I actually am in the middle of an almost identical build _Mr Rieck's stage 4 head, APE super crank (w/ Carillos), CCC HD primary chains, big bore, etc.... I personally understand the cost and love required to make this happen.

I am interested in how your experience went with having the rockers hardened. Can you post some pics? Did you lighten or smooth them up also?

I can't wait to see/hear the engine completed. This project certainly will be among the top CB750s in the country. Kudos to you! I am also following the SOHC4 thread.

EDIT: is that a "GORDON'S" frame mod kit? If so, I don't need to know if you like it. If it is a different kit, please elaborate!

peace and grease,
Fang

Thanks for checking out the build Fang! I was on the fence regarding the Carillos for my "street build" but man they are beautiful. I am happy with the super rods. I set out to build a bomb proof big bore engine for street use.
Here is a pic of the hardened rockers. (not mine, from a 550) I couldn't see putting in the old rockers. No lightening, just smoothed up and then hard welded.
DSCF1202.jpg
fang said:
The frame kit is Gordons, and I love it.

So what cam and carbs are you planning on running?
Hi Tweaking,
You have a really good looking engine build. It definitely is ALL OUT!
I actually am in the middle of an almost identical build _Mr Rieck's stage 4 head, APE super crank (w/ Carillos), CCC HD primary chains, big bore, etc.... I personally understand the cost and love required to make this happen.

I am interested in how your experience went with having the rockers hardened. Can you post some pics? Did you lighten or smooth them up also?

I can't wait to see/hear the engine completed. This project certainly will be among the top CB750s in the country. Kudos to you! I am also following the SOHC4 thread.

EDIT: is that a "GORDON'S" frame mod kit? If so, I don't need to know if you like it. If it is a different kit, please elaborate!

peace and grease,
Fang

oh my goodness this is like free sex. this is exactly what i want done to my 80 DOHC 750C.
I've been wanting to do a complete total rebuild on my motor for a few years, never took the leap (dont know any bike mechanics, local bike shops charge $85/hour for models older than 1990, and the twins killed my pocketbook).

if you dont mind me asking what do you have wrapped up in the motor? and when can i send you mine :)

teazer said:
I totally get that. I've seen references to his work all over SOHC forums. He seems to have a good reputation on that forum.

I have experience with a few different porters over the years. Some look great and flow OK, some look OK and flow great and some are excellent.

On one CB77 motor I had three different guys port heads and they looked different and flowed different. One was all top end and lost a lot low down. One gave great mid range and the third had great mid and top end. In all cases they were full race port jobs and all looked immaculate with tapered guides and guide bosses etc.

If I had a SOHC 750 I'd probably send it to Berreth heads. There is someone who is painstaking in his attention to detail and really understands heads in general and those motor in particular. He did/does the M3 head work and they get 90+hp out of a 750. But that's not really relevant to this build, so it's a bit off topic.

It's always interesting to see the work that people do and to see how it works.
I just found this thread as somebody brought it to my attention. Hmmmmmm....a recent LSR CB 750K head I ported..... .100 36CFM .200 53CFM .300 74CFM .400 81CFM .500 (who cares) 84 CFM. All @ 10 inches. What is Berreth's best? I am sure I have him by about 5 or 6 @ .400 and God only knows at the low lifts which really count as they occur twice in a cycle.
Mike Rieck

Oh yeah....here are the exhaust.....100 39CFM .200 48CFM .300 54CFM .400 61CFM. I must have found the restriction in the exhaust port ;D....and in the intake ;D ;D ;D

I do not throw #'s around but these were posted by my customer on another forum. I just happened to see this thread after a comment by somebody I know. And....let me tell you something about M3 (as you do not know much about Mark)....... ::) ;D

An old thread revived. Why are those low flow figures so low? Our 240cc CB160/300 flowed 59 at .20 and 79 @ 0.3". I didn't do the porting so I take no credit for the numbers. I'm pretty sure they were at 10", but can't swear to that. It was ported by Ed @ 4+6 in Chicago. His ports never looked anything special but they flowed well.

Maybe he measured differently?

teazer said:
An old thread revived. Why are those low flow figures so low? Our 240cc CB160/300 flowed 59 at .20 and 79 @ 0.3". I didn't do the porting so I take no credit for the numbers. I'm pretty sure they were at 10", but can't swear to that. It was ported by Ed @ 4+6 in Chicago. His ports never looked anything special but they flowed well.

No....at 10". Low #'s so low??? Are you retarded with valve size? What size was that intake valve were you flowing in that 240cc head?? It is a K750 head. If I stuck a Harley valve in there I'd get great #'s too. ::)
I flowed another today with less work.. .100 26CFM .200 49CFM .300 69CFM .400 79CFM .500 83CFM. Jesus Christ.... that is better than Branch or Larry Cavanagh ever had.But ...wait....I am SURE Berreth was better though you have no knowledge, or sheets/records or...or......or...........or anything to back that up. ??? ??? ::) Your opinion. ::)
I could tell you were a guy with a chip on his shoulder...no offense again...I'll show you in real time with video and sound what is working if you want.
Bring it on brother.... F2/F3/F4i to GS 1150 with big valves. Bring it.....I am not afraid.Let's see "Ed's" #'s" on a CB750. I'd like to see his bench too.
An aside....I'm always interested in seeing other peoples total crap valve actuating systems for the bench as well as their inability to show real CFM as they flow.

teazer said:
An old thread revived.[/b Our 240cc CB160/300 flowed 59 at .20 and 79 @ 0.3".[/b] I didn't do the porting so I take no credit for the numbers. I'm pretty sure they were at 10", but can't swear to that. It was ported by Ed @ 4+6 in Chicago. His ports never looked anything special but they flowed well.

Jeez...those #'s look a bit low compared to my Hayabusa lift #'s ::) ::) ??? An old thread revived because of your basic disrespect, ignorance and half ass attempt at being social (maybe 10" is different in Wisconsin than MA....really?......you chooch)
Next....I'll post pics of my CB750 billet block. I am sure you have developed something far superior for small block Honda vintage racing (though I have thought of it using Nikasil like my 750 cylinders). Difference is I could make it happen.
Another interesting sideline I noticed...I was the 94th member of this site....you are 5019th....not that makes a difference but those who come late to party always bring the most................................

teazer said:

That is an interesting questioning as the fella from Australia (who commissioned the LSR head) said they where the best figures he had ever seen for a stock port early CB750. He spent his life porting but is unable to continue secondary to age and overall hand wear. He is not a young man by any means. He choose me to port that upcoming LSR head after a world search of 2 years (tooting my own horn).
He is the one that posted those flow figures and they were the best he has ever seen for a CB and he is old enough to know. He also said the low #'s were incredible (compared to his best)....that basically means you know absolutely nothing about CB750 flow #'s ( in regard to valve size etc) except what you pick up on the internet.
You should keep your mouth shut teazer if you do not know what you are talking about especially when you choose to criticize. I will give you this gentleman's email and you can ask him about porting etc.....he has forgotten more than you will ever know.
Christ teazer....you have a way of pissing people off....at least me with you and your know it all attitude and flippant remarks. I'd love to meet you face to face and have a real dialogue about motorcycle 4 stroke logistics....I am sure it would end in a positive light for both of us. And I truly mean that.

email address to Australia sent....lets see what happens. Mister "know it all" meets....Mr" Does Know It All". Cannot wait for the results. :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom