Cb360 engine troubleshoot. Need help

All fixed and running strong!!!

All said and done i ended up replacing my entire ignition system; points, condenser, coils, wires, wire caps, and plugs. After everything was replaced it wasnt even trying to turn over. Found out the wires to the coils were swapped left and right. Noticed it while looking at the original coils. After swapping the wires to the coils on the correct sides it started right up! I guess since the wires on the xs coils are colored differently it confused me.

After all that i think the real problem from the start was the points and possibly the condensor. I just didnt realize how closely i was supposed to inspect them. I hadnt seen any obvious corrosion around the outside so i thought they were fine. Turns out the center of them was pitted causing a bad connection.

LIFE LESSON: INSPECT POINTS CLOSELY.

All in all im quite happy with everything i did to get the bike running. I've learned a LOT along the way. Even took the right crank case cover off, inspected the clutch and cleaned the oil filters while i was at it. And now i have an entirely new ignition system.

Back
Top Bottom