175 cam in a Cb200

canuk said:
could you throw up a hyperlink to the tuned for speed document? i wouldn't mind getting some performance ideas for my cb200
Tuning For Speed
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/15392252

Well thats a nice workshop. jeeeezz...

FYI i did the needle bearing conversion on my GF's cb200, as well as the external oil feed and hydraulic clutch.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=32298.0

Bert Jan said:
Well thats a nice workshop. jeeeezz...

FYI i did the needle bearing conversion on my GF's cb200, as well as the external oil feed and hydraulic clutch.
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=32298.0
I saw that Bert how has it been? What is the redline on that cb now?

Texasstar said:
I saw that Bert how has it been? What is the redline on that cb now?

Great, thanks! Very busy in the shop for customers, so thats nice :)

I can not really tell the redline, because we removed the tacho. The external oil feeds gives the tachoseal to much pressure, and it keeps leaking. So i made a plug on the lathe and the tacho was disconnected. But.. bike goes around 110 km/h now.

Bert Jan said:
Great, thanks! Very busy in the shop for customers, so thats nice :)

I can not really tell the redline, because we removed the tacho. The external oil feeds gives the tachoseal to much pressure, and it keeps leaking. So i made a plug on the lathe and the tacho was disconnected. But.. bike goes around 110 km/h now.
so did you disconnect the external oil feed? Any picture?
onze Nederlandse (zeeland) wapen "met een grote strijd ik kom boven '

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 180
Texasstar said:
so did you disconnect the external oil feed? Any picture?
onze Nederlandse (zeeland) wapen "met een grote strijd ik kom boven '

No, i plugged the hole where the tacho cable used to go with a alumium plug, so oil stays on the right side of the engine. The inside, that is.

Logo ziet er nice uit! Luctor et Emergo betekent eigenlijk : Ik worstel en kom boven. I struggle and rise.

It has to do with Zeelands struggle against the water. Sweet throwback to your roots!

Bert Jan said:
It has to do with Zeelands struggle against the water. Sweet throwback to your roots!
our paint scheme is a throwback also with the orange emerging from the bottom of the blue. The front fender has the orange emerging into the wind...Everything that that i want my son to remember. Life is a struggle for all. Beautiful things come from hardship. seeds die and become flowers. Thanks for the I struggle I rise...it is also appropriate.

teazer said:
175 has a pressed on 30 tooth sprocket and the 200 has a bolt on 32t sprocket. The last 200 cams I checked had the same lift as 175 cams but I didn't check the duration.
Has anybody taken the primary gear drive from a 175 and put it in a 200 crank? Then could you use the 175 cam to increase rpms?

Texasstar said:
our paint scheme is a throwback also with the orange emerging from the bottom of the blue. The front fender has the orange emerging into the wind...Everything that that i want my son to remember. Life is a struggle for all. Beautiful things come from hardship. seeds die and become flowers. Thanks for the I struggle I rise...it is also appropriate.

Very nice you give your son the change to think about his roots. Appreciated!

Texasstar said:
Has anybody taken the primary gear drive from a 175 and put it in a 200 crank? Then could you use the 175 cam to increase rpms?

I'm not sure what the plan is here, but remember the cam sprocket needs double the tooth of the crankshaft sprocket. So a 175 crank in a 200 would be possible but a lot of machining needs to be done as the number ot teeth are different 34/32 i think?. Easier to get a custom mild cam for a 200 or get the cam regrinded.

Having one cut would accomplish the same performance goal as the 175 cam without the headaches of having to machine and make the 175cam work in lucky.. Megacycles is the goto place I hear

Luugo86 said:
Having one cut would accomplish the same performance goal as the 175 cam without the headaches of having to machine and make the 175cam work in lucky.. Megacycles is the goto place I hear
what I am wondering is why honda went to 2 more teeth on the cam sprocket for the 200. How many teeth are on the Primary drive at the crank of a 175 vs a 200? If they have the same number of teeth means the cam of 200 is turning slower than the 175. A slower cam rotation means less flow. They both have the same stroke. We know the 175 had bigger carbs. However Teazer said the cams have the same lift. The 200 duration is 220 ish and megacycle cam is 256 ish. 1500 rpm is a lot. So a 175 with a 200 jug would out perform a 200 with the same megacycle cam. Megacycles cam is the same lift duration for both bikes. Does that make sense?

Texasstar said:
what I am wondering is why honda went to 2 more teeth on the cam sprocket for the 200. How many teeth are on the Primary drive at the crank of a 175 vs a 200? If they have the same number of teeth means the cam of 200 is turning slower than the 175. A slower cam rotation means less flow. They both have the same stroke. We know the 175 had bigger carbs. However Teazer said the cams have the same lift. The 200 duration is 220 ish and megacycle cam is 256 ish. 1500 rpm is a lot. So a 175 with a 200 jug would out perform a 200 with the same megacycle cam. Megacycles cam is the same lift duration for both bikes. Does that make sense?

They went two more teeth on the cam because they went one more tooth on the crank. ;)
Cam rotational speed doesn't affect flow, that's down to the slope and height of the lobes on the cam.

Sonreir said:
They went two more teeth on the cam because they went one more tooth on the crank. ;)
Cam rotational speed doesn't affect flow, that's down to the slope and height of the lobes on the cam.
thank you! Do you know what the duration was on the stock 175 cam both intake and exhaust?

Why the did the 175 had a 1500 rpm higher redline?

Wouldn't a two stroke cam move faster than a four stroke cam?

Texasstar said:
thank you! Do you know what the duration was on the stock 175 cam both intake and exhaust?

Why the did the 175 had a 1500 rpm higher redline?

The 175 had a higher redline because the carbs were bigger and the cam had a longer duration. The redline wasn't set for mechanical purposes, but rather because the 200 motor stopped making power; it couldn't breathe well enough.

Sonreir said:
The 175 had a higher redline because the carbs were bigger and the cam had a longer duration. The redline wasn't set for mechanical purposes, but rather because the 200 motor stopped making power; it couldn't breathe well enough.
does a two stroke motor breathe better than a 4 stroke?

Texasstar said:
does a two stroke motor breathe better than a 4 stroke?

Depends. You need a lot more information than that in order to make a comparison, but generally speaking, a two stroke motor will be using more fuel and air than a four stroke would at the same RPM.

Sonreir said:
Depends. You need a lot more information than that in order to make a comparison, but generally speaking, a two stroke motor will be using more fuel and air than a four stroke would at the same RPM.
the cr72 and cr77 were identical except for bore? Why did honda change 175 cam and sprocket? Hypothetically you should be able to slap bigger carbs and a better cam and be above the 175's 20 hp? I haven't seen proof of that? Teazers 175 slopes with 200 jugs produces 20hp at the rear wheels. I haven't seen those numbers for the 200? The new 2013 CBR 250r is only generating 25 hp? Something seems to be a miss? Are the ratios the same for the 175 and 200 cam to crank? 2 teeth added to the cam and 1 to the crank may not be the same ratios? Does that make sense? Or am I off base?

Back
Top Bottom