Honda CB350 Running on 1. Has spark, compression and fuel

Did you remove the advance mechanism and then remove the center points cam part of it and put it back on again? it's possible to install that part 180 degrees off time...

still wrong would getting my point wires mixed up do this or my condenser wires cause my points to be 180 degrees off?

i tried switching around the condensers and points wires and i firmly believe that these are not it. sadly.

yes two times and switched it around ill do it a third time and post it on youtube right now.
if your asking if the advancer works it works great and is freshly oiled and moves very smoothly.

Here is the youtube video its 6 minutes and 40 seconds long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPpkbbSUXTY&feature=youtu.be

to make it easy elimante any doubt :
the tiny slash indent mark on the front of the points cam is the position of greatest points opening for where to set the gap,this position lines up PAST an LF mark for the corresponding cylinder
as long as you are on the compression stroke of the cylinder that you are setting the gap on and or checking the static timing AND the wire from that same set of points also goes to the same coil that fires that cylinder well then it absolutely will be correct
after setting the points gap you can simply use a .001 feeler gauge to line up an LF mark
a timing light must be used after this(timing will likely be slightly advanced) and always used anyway to set fully advance timing at 3000+ rpm's on the left cylinder
the bottom line is,fully advanced timing is all that matters you want it to be even and accurate on both cylinders
while at the same time keeping the points gap within the range of .012''-.016'' on the right cylinder,in the middle is ideal
the only way to set the timing of the right cylinder is by fudging with the points gap this is done if needed after setting both points at .014'' and timing the left only at static ,then fully advance check/set with a strobe

so i set the points could it be that i somehow flipped the camshaft? I thought i did it right but is it possible? for 180 degrees off? I know i set it with the cam chain and the camshaft correctly.

if i set the cam at right piston TDC could that be my problem? I thought i had done the left piston at TDC but you never know and I am kind of at the end of my options it seems like I can switch the coils connectors and see if that works?

I might gave done the cam shaft at right tdc instead of left tdc could that be the problem it seems like it could work in also very poor so not much extra cash at all

Back
Top Bottom