2 into 1 intake jetting issues

Maybe no one read my post . I did say I had baffles that I can insert. I ride a lot of back roads and if needed, will put baffles in. Do you always help fellow riders by insulting them?

As far as carburetor tuning goes. I know that open headers makes you run lean . Maybe if I put my baffles in could get some richness back ? And also make some other people feel better too lol

Schmeck750 said:
Maybe no one read my post . I did say I had baffles that I can insert. I ride a lot of back roads and if needed, will put baffles in. Do you always help fellow riders by insulting them?
ya, they do

just go ahead and mig up a manifold eh? (pardon me i am canadian)

i envy you that skill

I think the point these guys are making is that you need to go do a VAST amount of research on carb function and tuning theory before you "just go" do anything involving a "custom" manifold/intake/carb setup.

Just figured somebody needed to put it nicely.

the rubber and metal intake is commonly called an isolator as it stops heat and vibration from destroying the carb

Schmeck750 said:
As far as carburetor tuning goes. I know that open headers makes you run lean . Maybe if I put my baffles in could get some richness back ? And also make some other people feel better too lol

not to mention you can find a million dyno runs to show that N/A motors appreciate back pressure in all but the most serious engines.. your little bike would not only run better it'll probably make a bit more power as well.

Dont worry to much about the guys ripping you for putting your own intake together.. if you have the stuff around why not? If you decide to make another one concentrate on the split to each cylinder and try to keep the runners as equal as possible. go buy a wideband o2 and tune the thing properly. Aside from that, without a dyno you'll be hard pressed to really fine tune the runner length which is what will create the largest effect on where the power comes on and how the manifold acts.

cxman said:
just go ahead and mig up a manifold eh? (pardon me i am canadian)

i envy you that skill
It isn't hard to mig weld or really weld in general. The problem is buying a quality welder. Most of the people I know buy the cheaper welders which usually come with cheap quality too. I would do a lot of quality welding on my projects IF I could actually afford a nice machine. lol And thanks for the posts , I am not a tuning expert, but I could at least get my bike running to where I want it . ( even if it takes a while for somewhat perfection).

A little update , threw the copper intake off because it was crap . Made a new one using U bent steel and it came out pretty nice . Will try to get a picture up of it if anyone is interested . Need to switch out the main jet but other than that it runs much better than the original bs38 carbs.
I do need a longer throttle cable if anyone has a good place to buy one .

Will post a pic ina sec . Be mindful my bike needs paint and a box for electricals since im not running a battery .

intake

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    859.8 KB · Views: 149
xb33bsa said:
you know with a slight lowering mod to that lashup you could use the carb as a rearset
peg
Very funny . Im sure someone else in a far away place has done it already . Lol

Back
Top Bottom