80' GS750 - "Monster" - Updated 3/4/11 - Pirelli Demon Sport's mounted up

TEMP3ST

The New Blood
So.. i bought the bike having the intention to build it into a old cafe racer. To be honest, i don't have a real, solid, plan on what i want it to look like. It's more of, let's throw this on there, ooh i like that, steal this idea, a little of that and see how this turns out :D oh and this is my first bike/experience with working on bikes (and i'm starting to like it more than working on cars and trucks)

I figured i would call it Monster (haha Suzuki Monster, kinda like Ducati (Mmmm love me some Ducati)), and maybe work that name into the design somewhere, as i will be using colors from a monster can.

Well, i started yanking it apart, figuring if i take it apart, that mean's i'm going to have to work on it and put it back together before spring.

So here's what I've done and "some" plans i want to do with it:

Need a handlebar?

Ahhhh... the Suzuki aisle..

New Clubmans

Old Handlebars..

Template for new seat and tail end

Carving the mock up out of foam

Exhaust removed

Glad it's gone

Carb taken out

Wire Harnessing also removed

Front end removed

Re: 80' GS750 Cafe Racer (image heavy)

Have it down to just the Frame and engine, will take some pictures in the morning.

Man, I am loving all the GSs showing up.

Haha, i love the CB's but something about this GS i just loved..

I would just like to say awesome. It's not a HONDA!! we want more.

Got some pictures of the Frame with just the engine and a can which i got the paint scheme i like from. Will post them later when the carpet is done drying and i can re-enter my room (had carpets cleaned)

Question! Will a Tach off a GS550 work on a 750? they look identical.

Not sure, but the tach on my 550 is a cable driven off the cam, so I would be surprised if they didn't interchange,

Boo! Hiss!! it was for sale this morning and now it's sold.. Time to look for a new one..

good start! where do you live at? i'm just south of the fremont bridge.

That motorcycle salvage is awesome! So organized! Man I wish I had one of those within driving distance!!!
Good luck with the build. GS!!!

New Pictures!!
dscn0526td.jpg

dscn05250.jpg

Paint scheme i might go with, what do you guys think of the gold with it?
dscn0527.jpg

I was just planning on the flat silver and flat black, but maybe some flat gold accents..

Re: 80' GS750 Cafe Racer - Updated 11/30/10

someday i'd llike to paint my frame gold and everything else black. i love that scheme.

Re: 80' GS750 Cafe Racer - Updated 11/30/10

Sooo.. i got bored while waiting from a response from the other side of the mountains (Ellensburg) about using a Sandblaster and a Welder from a buddies place, so i found this old... i almost want to call it a old cigarette holder, and i grabbed the NorPAC DTT Logo and made this.

Pre paint

After paint

Didn't turn out all that great but i like it

And a possible new color scheme for the bike (i love how my idea's come from monster cans)

And a side note, would anyone in the seattle area be willing to let me come to there garage and use there sand blaster and/or welder. i don't really know anyone with one, and am kinda on a budget, i could pay for materials. If so, let me know, i will also post this in the NorPAC section. Thanks :)

Re: 80' GS750 Cafe Racer - Updated 12/2/10

My school has a sandblaster, welder, and a paint booth. As well as a few other nice stuff. But I'm not sure if they will let you use them? Just say you're with and I'm sure you'll be good to go ;D

NoobZooki said:
My school has a sandblaster, welder, and a paint booth. As well as a few other nice stuff. But I'm not sure if they will let you use them? Just say you're with and I'm sure you'll be good to go ;D

Where do you go to school? LWTC?

TEMP3ST said:
Where do you go to school? LWTC?
Nope. I go to Puget Sound Skills Center. It's around the Burien, Seatac, Des Moines area.

NoobZooki said:
Nope. I go to Puget Sound Skills Center. It's around the Burien, Seatac, Des Moines area.
Well, if you ask around and find anything out, i would appreciate it :) And hopefully have to ride with you someday.. Need some riding buddies.

TEMP3ST said:
Well, if you ask around and find anything out, i would appreciate it :) And hopefully have to ride with you someday.. Need some riding buddies.
I'll let you know tomorrow. I need some riding buddies as well. Since this is my first bike, I don't know any other riders ::)

NoobZooki said:
I'll let you know tomorrow. I need some riding buddies as well. Since this is my first bike, I don't know any other riders ::)

Same here bro :D trying to get this bike done faster so i can ride it, i miss riding.. Think i need a second bike ;)

Back
Top Bottom