CB360 tracker/brat w XR600 Engine

gas axe

Hi there,

I've been building this bike over the last couple of years.
I ride it to work every day, and am refining it as I go.

IMG_3149.jpg

The old CB360 engine gave up the ghost, fixing it wasn't viable and I wanted more power and better reliablity.
I measured up an XR600 engine a figured I would be able to fit it in.

IMG_3150.jpg

To say it transformed the bike would be a massive understatement.

Looks wicked!

Not sure if I like the double silencers thou. A scrambler style super trap set up would look the biz IMHO.

Eleganten said:
Looks wicked!

Not sure if I like the double silencers thou. A scrambler style super trap set up would look the biz IMHO.

I agree,
My plan is to intergrate a muffler system into the underside of the frame out of sight. Just a bit slack.

Also just bought a keihin fcr flatside carb, which will be fitted to a new inlet manifold, right up close to the engine.

Cheers for the ups

absolutely awesome!!!
looks really clean!
a great rider for about town....

did you ever consider going for a cr500 motor by any chance??

I just put on a flat slide carb off a crf450 motocrosser. A Keihin FCR MX 39mm

It's completely transformed the bike.

Soooo much more power. It's wants to lift the front while it's spinning up the rear tyre.
Idles perfect, and has such a nicer throttle action. Really smooth and progressive.
It's a bit rich so more power still hiding with some jetting changes.

Best ebay purchase so far.

Stoked!!!!!!!

Any pictures of the build?

Depending on how difficult the swap is, this may be the next thumper craze. Though I imagine the XR600 motor isn't any more common than the Honda 360

PHeller said:
Any pictures of the build?

Depending on how difficult the swap is, this may be the next thumper craze. Though I imagine the XR600 motor isn't any more common than the Honda 360

Here's a link to the build.

http://www.hondatwins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9280&start=50

The conversion wasn't too difficult. The engine is easier to get in n out than the original, as it's shorter, much narrower, way lighter and roughly the same height.

The main things were a new exhaust, inlet manifold and external oil tank set up. Only one frame crossmember needed to be cut n moved. The lower one at the rear.
I bought a complete running xr600, used what i needed and sold off the rolling frame when done. That way you get all the brackets and small bits n pieces to make the conversion look as factory as possible.

And best of all when it's done, it's so worth it.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom