Post a pic of your latest purchase

Hurco550 said:
it's incomplete, I don't feel too horrible about hanging it from the ceiling beside the minibike
56ac0723bef07f28192a185d4101c708.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Fixed it for ya

Nice find, and i hear you on the asking prices of those things.
Small cc bikes in general are over priced around here. People try to sell cb125’s for the same price as a nice sohc 750.

farmer92 said:
Fixed it for ya

Nice find, and i hear you on the asking prices of those things.
Small cc bikes in general are over priced around here. People try to sell cb125’s for the same price as a nice sohc 750.
Thanks man, you'll be welcome to a ride wherever I actually get it running lol
ridesolo said:
Congratulations my friend! I LOVE those!
Yep, I see them advertised all the time for the same money that I spent on my dr650, which in all cases is a more capable (even if a good bit heavier) machine. The tw is still a bit heavy itself to hang from the rafters though lol

Hurco550 said:
56ac0723bef07f28192a185d4101c708.jpg

Dig! That’s a nice find. Did the VIN check out as never being titled? If so I’m sure you know it’s a breeze from there!
I’d love to see that thing in person once it’s up a running. I guess the vin situation depends on where you plan to ride, I just know I had a bit of a pain with the PE....let’s just say I had to get creative to get that baby titled

Surprisingly enough the 2017 TW200 was at the endorsement class my buddy Anthony and I took last weekend(he is a new rider and I’m a lazy mf’r.... finally got endorsed instead constantly getting my temps !) Anthony rode the TW200 all weekend.
d22aa06a2196c781edf65154dd8e93cd.jpg

Idk, I guess I was surprised to see that model there for a class.
I road the 2017 Suzuki TU250X as it seemed more familiar to all that I’ve ridden.
ff3abafe2d6395cf74743f48bfa7020c.jpg

Drey6 said:
Dig! That’s a nice find. Did the VIN check out as never being titled? If so I’m sure you know it’s a breeze from there!
I’d love to see that thing in person once it’s up a running. I guess the vin situation depends on where you plan to ride, I just know I had a bit of a pain with the PE....let’s just say I had to get creative to get that baby titled

Surprisingly enough the 2017 TW200 was at the endorsement class my buddy Anthony and I took last weekend(he is a new rider and I’m a lazy mf’r.... finally got endorsed instead constantly getting my temps !) Anthony rode the TW200 all weekend.

I haven't ran the vin yet. Same old story, it was in his grandpas name, grandpa died and he cant find the title. I did have him fill out a bill of sale. I may "sell" it to my brother in law in Georgia, then have his "sell" it back to me, since Georgia is a non title state on bikes of a certain vintage. Then I should be able to get an ohio title when he sells it back to me.

When I did that course about 10 years ago, they were chock full of tw200's and tu's like what are pictured there. I think I spent the time there on an xt225 iirc.

Hurco550 said:
I haven't ran the vin yet. Same old story, it was in his grandpas name, grandpa died and he cant find the title. I did have him fill out a bill of sale. I may "sell" it to my brother in law in Georgia, then have his "sell" it back to me, since Georgia is a non title state on bikes of a certain vintage. Then I should be able to get an ohio title when he sells it back to me.

Definitely a solid back up plan. Never dealt with one that was a death in the family.... maybe BMV could direct you in a way to work that out with the seller. But Georgia would be a good plan either way.

Hurco550 said:
When I did that course about 10 years ago, they were chock full of tw200's and tu's like what are pictured there. I think I spent the time there on an xt225 iirc.

Maritime said:
They had TW's in my MSF and I rode one for half of one day and loved it.

I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm glad I got my license when I was 16. 30yrs ago...wow im getting old. Got my permit when I turned 16, 30 days later took my test that was "Get on your motorcycle and follow me" I thought we were going somewhere to do an actual riding test. Nope ...went through town over several blocks and different turns and ended back at the court house. hmmmm... "Great job. Take this in and you can get your license"

1fasgsxr said:
I'm glad I got my license when I was 16. 30yrs ago...wow im getting old. Got my permit when I turned 16, 30 days later took my test that was "Get on your motorcycle and follow me" I thought we were going somewhere to do an actual riding test. Nope ...went through town over several blocks and different turns and ended back at the court house. hmmmm... "Great job. Take this in and you can get your license"

Lol
In Quebec they just asked if you wanted it when you got your car permit.
“ would you like a motorcycle license as well it’s an extra $15 annually?”

How times have changed

1fasgsxr said:
Similar story here. Except the instructor stood by the door to the building and simply watched you make one lap of the parking lot. I guess if you didn’t drop the bike or hit a parked car, you were good for the streets ::)

Redbird said:
Similar story here. Except the instructor stood by the door to the building and simply watched you make one lap of the parking lot. I guess if you didn’t drop the bike or hit a parked car, you were good for the streets ::)

I am a strong proponent of the motorcycle safety course, and while it may not be a popular opinion, I would like to see it become mandatory to get your motorcycle endorsement. I had ridden with my temps for 2 or 3 years on the road before I took the course, and though that I was "pretty good". I took the course basically to get cheaper insurance rates, but what actually happened was that I LEARNED a good bit of valuable information that I still remember and use every day that I ride. A few of those things I know have kept me from being a grease stain on the 109.

Hurco550 said:
I am a strong proponent of the motorcycle safety course, and while it may not be a popular opinion, I would like to see it become mandatory to get your motorcycle endorsement. I had ridden with my temps for 2 or 3 years on the road before I took the course, and though that I was "pretty good". I took the course basically to get cheaper insurance rates, but what actually happened was that I LEARNED a good bit of valuable information that I still remember and use every day that I ride. A few of those things I know have kept me from being a grease stain on the 109.

+100 on this. agree and same experience.

Hurco550 said:
Haha, this brings me to my second rant, I also think it would be a good idea to have a cc based endorsement system. A person can take a test on a 100cc noped and be licensed to ride a hayabusa. To ride a 1000+ cc bike should warrant having to take the test on a 1000+ cc bike.

I got my provisional licence at 16 and my mum was worried as hell about me getting on the Vespa PK50 I had waiting in the garage... I stepped of a Yamaha YZ490 MX bike on to the Vespa... this was the inverse preparation issue

Hurco550 said:

I'm a strong proponent, too. Back in (I think it was) 1994 I took the class to become a MSF Instructor. It was about the most difficult two weeks I ever spent but it was also very, very rewarding. The first week was all in the classroom; taking the classes and then taking classes on how to teach the classes. The second week was mostly spent on the range, taking the riding part of the class and then learning how to teach the riding part. It was all intense and very demanding. I rode all of the range exercises on a PC800 Pacific Coast.

I usually taught the ERC, the Experienced Rider Course, and I always enjoyed watching the attitudes change over the day. The ones who were the most fun were the ones who started the morning sitting back in their chair w/ their arms crossed over their chests and their whole demeanor screaming, "I'm here because I have to be and you aren't going to teach me anything!" Inevitably by the end of the afternoon they'd be the most enthusiastic; really enjoying the riding exercises and happily shaking my hand before they left. That was a really fun time in my life. I wish I could have kept my certification current but that isn't how things worked out.

If you ever get the chance, take an MSF Experienced Rider Course, you won't regret it.

New tires a piece of aluminum for the exhaust hanger and some foam for the 350 seat

Attachments

• 20180425_164152.jpg
    20180425_164152.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 20180425_164204.jpg
    20180425_164204.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 20180425_163434.jpg
    20180425_163434.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 165
I was going to do the trainer course this spring but needed a bunch of certs I didnt have and $$ i couldnt spend. I'm going to try next year. Need cpr, background check and something else they dont pay for which woukd have cost me 500 bucks total to make 100 a weekend. I want to do it not for the money but I also cant afford 500 right now.

Hurco550 said:
I am a strong proponent of the motorcycle safety course, and while it may not be a popular opinion, I would like to see it become mandatory to get your motorcycle endorsement.
I couldn't agree more. The MSF course is the best thing to happen to novice riders.
To the best of my knowledge, the DMV testing procedure is still very much the same here. And I would say even back then (over 3 decades ago) that the road test requirement was ridiculous.
The back story on my experience is... my Dad rode for years before I got my first bike, and before I was allowed to even take the written test, he made me ride the bike around the yard for 4mos, and he'd take me to the local "empty parking lot" to practice panic stops, tight turns, slalom maneuvers, etc. That was invaluable experience.

ridesolo said:
If you ever get the chance, take an MSF Experienced Rider Course, you won't regret it.
I couldn't agree more with this as well. I have, and I don't ;)

Hurco550 said:

It was/is mandatory in Florida when I got my license.

The class was a joke, though. Two girls in there that had never stepped foot on a bike, one didn't know what a clutch was. Both passed with 100%. Few u-turns, a figure 8 in a box, run over a 2x4. Never got above 25mph. Last day of the class, the girl that didn't know what a clutch was, her husband showed up with her brand new GSX-R750 for her to ride home. She may no longer be with us.

Back
Top Bottom