1974 CB450 Twin Full Part Out Running Motor Located in VA near Charlottesville

Bluhokie

1974 CB450 Twin Full Part Out Running Motor Located in VA near Charlottesville. Any part you need let me know. Can grab a picture and shoot it via text.

Bike is currently in pieces. Gone is tank, exhaust, ignition, seat.

Let me know what you need. Pictures to come when I can get them up.

Motor was said to run and had good compression before tear down. (cant validate) but turns over and seems to have good compression from leg test.
Motor is available for local pick up however shipping could be arranged at buyers cost.

You can't hardly advertise something as running, if you can't say for sure it is running.

I didnt get to fire it up but I trust the individual who I bought it from who vouched for it.

I am also not trying to make a fortune on this just passing it on to someone in need.

Motor has not been torn down at all other than front sprocket cover taken off.

Pictures to come later today.

I have a buddy rebuilding a 65 black bomber and his top end is toast. Any idea if this motor would be a suitable donor? Price for the full motor?

Jamesh_sussex said:
I have a buddy rebuilding a 65 black bomber and his top end is toast. Any idea if this motor would be a suitable donor? Price for the full motor?

200 bucks will take the motor. Would have to do a bunch of research to make sure all the mounts match up.

I think the early 450s were 4 speeds not 5 speeds too.

Will actually just give the frame and motor for 200. Def needs to be a local pickup however as shipping would be a PITA.

if you SPLIT the motor and James wants the top end I'd be interested in the complete bottom end.

half a motor wouldn't be nearly as bad to ship and hell it might fit in a Large flat-rate with studs removed lol.

Back
Top Bottom