Unnamed RD

WIESEL

Been Around the Block
Found some time to get fimiliar with the rd today. I am waiting on new coils and decided to start my hoop and tail. I purchased the bike a couple weeks ago. It was missing the harness and had a goofy seat.
I figured out the harness and it ran for a short time till one of the coils went out.???

I am planning on building my own seat and tail, modifying the tank to match the tail better, getting chambers, powder coat, paint and, whatever else I can manage.
Some pictures:
First night home
sahygy5e.jpg

Todays progress
ure8ebyd.jpg
y3ameder.jpg
egete5u2.jpg
eseraqeh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I soooooo wanted to do a smoker, but couldn't find one. Have fun with it and I can't wait to see it done.

Pm me if you need any parts i got a ton of shit bike looks kool

Thanks fellas, brad you have any 3fiddy jugs?
Bit the bullett:
vujagype.jpg

I was dead set on getting nicer ones but, maybe when the bike is more deserving.;)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Finally got them!!
hazymeve.jpg

I am debating stripping the finish and running them raw. I used to do that to my old race bikes for that "works look". Dad always said, "pipes are a waste of money, you can't use what you got". Lol:eek:
That was all the motivation I needed.
Rains coming in this weekend so, work should get done.

Cut The weld seem that is under the rear hanger becarefull not to get in to the rear cone it directly under where you cutting after you pull the muffler section off cut a stick of 1inch conduit at 9 inches the last cones exit hole is to big so make a few pie cuts in the end and tap them in to shrink the hole. you can run the stinger inside the last cone a few inches it cut down on the noise it wont affect power unless it at the halfway point of the cone so moer or less but not half. rebuild your rear hangers and your gold. these started life as dgs but they have been changed everywhere. the second picture is a set with just the muffler mod

Attachments

• 2013-11-11 10.43.25.jpg
    2013-11-11 10.43.25.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 981
  • a6b50357-0e14-4458.jpg
    a6b50357-0e14-4458.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 976
A sorry it took so long no broken fins the bore size is writen on the jugs the heads will clean up

Attachments

• 2013-11-18 04.45.37.jpg
    2013-11-18 04.45.37.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 942
  • 2013-11-18 04.46.43.jpg
    2013-11-18 04.46.43.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 943
  • 2013-11-18 04.47.07.jpg
    2013-11-18 04.47.07.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 998
Brad, pm sent...
I got the chambers on and took her for a rip. Sumbetch is fun!!
I decided to look a little closer in the carbs, different pilots jets and different main jets. That explains the somewhat erratic behavior.
I believe the timing is spot on and starts super easy.
Here's a pic, ignore the seat.
aru2u8ab.jpg

Also, a shot of my 200 during my Saturday night pre-storm cruise.
yjumaga6.jpg

Anyone have a preferred jet supplier?

I took a brake on the benellis and mounted the tail where I want it. The brake and signals will be hidden above the hoop in the tail.
I am debating to make the seat one with the tail or its own structure.
y4u8y5ad.jpg
avumupap.jpg
ugene3e3.jpg
2a5eqy6e.jpg

HVCCYCLE has a jetting chart to get you CLOSE to where you need to be. Keep in mind that this is just a general guide, and will most likely need some slight tweaking to fit your set up just right.

Oh, BTW, nice looking little rig! Im hoping to find some cash this winter so I can work a bit on my R5!

http://www.hvccycle.net/carburetor-jetting/

Not much progress today.
I finally decided how I wanted to do it, after a couple different mock ups. Quite the learning curve.:eek:
y2yzabym.jpg

ezemypa7.jpg
u2y2a7a9.jpg

Got one side welded in, ran out of gas. Dammit! The other side is cut out and ready to weld up.
uzetu6yh.jpg
ydyje7us.jpg
satapu5e.jpg
ydy6a4em.jpg

Far from perfect but, moving along.
Just need to build the filler to the tank, finish weld and, grind.
sy6useqe.jpg
amepumug.jpg

A bit of progress.
I plan on welding a tab on the rear of the tank to attach it to the front of the seat.
My tig welder is being a pain. I can't keep the gas flow consistent.
yzy3ahep.jpg
3uhegube.jpg

Back
Top Bottom