46 Logan 200 Lathe

Mr.E

Got to keep the loonies on the path...
I kept saying I wouldn't do this, since I don't really have time, blah blah, but here it is.

Picked it up in Norfolk VA last month for $700. I've been hurting to have a lathe at home for some work that's spilling over from my day job, the Mr. E Machines stuff, and Dammit. I'm a toolmaker, I like to have my tools...

Got it unloaded with an engine picker ( that was fun) and now it's at rest in the garage.

Some basic cleanup and a few cuts with the old lantern post tool holder (gonna dump that soon) and it's working ok. I seem to have not taken pics, but I replaced the ancient belt with a serpentine belt from an Infinity a couple weeks ago and it's got a lot more stones.

Still missing some gears for all the threading setups and speeds, but it'll do basic work now.

In that one I'm polishing a headlight ring for Deviant. The main part of the right I turned during my lunch break at work. And just did some finishing at home.

Very nice. I need to find a place so I can start collecting tools.

END OF LINE

The biggest selling point for me on this lathe was that all the consumable parts are still available new from Logan Actuator (little pricey) but at least they exist. This one is only 500 lbs with the stand. It would've been easier to unload if I'd separated the bed from the stand, but it was very late and I was very cold, and had just driven 14 hrs, and snow was coming in a few hours so I wanted it out of the truck quick. Mike, this is the first tool like this I've found in the region that is resonably priced, and I still had to go to Norfolk. If you find one, get it. Cause it'll disappear quick..

When I worked at Lockheed they were auctioning off their old Bridgeports. I really wanted to pick one up but was living in an apartment at the time.

END OF LINE

Back
Top Bottom