"can you get something and not change it?" quote from the wifey...

andycafe

Northern Suburbs, Melbourne Victoria, Australia
Well i guess it's my turn to share with the group!! As youve proberly figured my name is Andy, i'm 32 and live in Melb now (orginally from the land further down under, NZ) Ive been into bikes and riding them since i was about 5, my first experiance with them was at the local farm show where they had rides on 50cc quads around a haybail track, i found out that putting your feet down because the brakes dont work wasnt a good idea (removed the skin from the back of both legs) but i was hooked! I rode dirt bikes in the begining until i started to sneak out the old man aai50cc brute from around 13-14, then when i got my licence at 15 i started riding everything i was lent until i purchased my first roady a GSXR250RR. Then comes 23 and i feel then need to move out of NZ and ended up in Aus.... I did it tough at the start but settled and ended up back riding dirt CR250 style until it got stolen (on Australia day if you dont mind!) so then there was a real lean patch for the bikes and rinding...I then met my now wife and life got good!! she's was born in Aus but with Spanish parents they ended up moviing back to Spain when she was 8 then she decided to move back 8 years ago (lucky for me!) after we got married i got my XL600 daily rider and got the feel for the road again, and after a christmas visit to my sisters and now hubbies (name drop 88, Mark) in Syd i was introduced to the CAFE concept and became hooked!!!! So to the now.. after being gifted and saving this CB250rs from a mates overgrown back yard the plan was to cafe it for me then the wife wanted it (shes had her bike licence for around 7yrs) so its now nearly completed and after a recent road trip to Bris via the coast and Syd my Bro has hooked me up with a CB400f that i can do for myself. BUT that one is going to have to wait till we have bought our first house (sigh) (new workshop "yay") Anyway enough of me crapping on heres a couple of pics Cheers Andycafe.........

Attachments

• day1 as it was.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 147
  • wheels on1.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 90%4.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 137
Hey Andy, I hear ya! (Andrew is my proper name, BTW! ;D )

I have the same "need" to personalize everything I touch! It drives my wife crazy too! The hope is that it's better after we're finished! Not always the case though. :(

In any case, have fun with it! ;D

Cheers!

Drew

i'm on the same boat. i have always made a project out of things i buy even it is ready to go.
i just can't get something and not take a wrench to it. my ol' lady is always asking why do you have so many projects.
luckily it hasn't stopped otherwise i'd probably go crazy.

i just have to say keep the projects up guys we need them.

chris

Hey if it weren't for our projects, we'd all have start being responsible, boring, adults.....what fun would that be? Bikes are just ripe for the wrenchin! ;D

Back
Top Bottom