XS400 carbs, Mikes XS PWK carbs for a XS650 on my XS400

honda53rider

77 XS400,73 SL350, 73 RD350
Hey guys iv been thinking about getting a set of the PWK carbs made for a xs650 off of mikes XS.com for my 1977 xs400D, Here is a link to the carbs.
http://www.mikesxs.net/product/48-9010.html

48-9010.jpg

The carbs are not a bad deal and i will end up spending about the same on a set of carbs off ebay. I am going to need pod filters and carb boots anyway so this kit fits the bill perfect. Im just wanting to know if these carbs will work on my bike with proper jetting and needles. I have asked on the xs400 site and all people tell me is that i can fix my carbs. And well i cant. Some dumb *** decided to take a carb off another bike and put it with the original that came with the bike. So I have an un-matching set of carbs that wont run together no matter what jetting sync or needle... So yes I am looking to get nicer newer crabs and sell the original carbs as parts, and the xs650, and the other set of xs400(they are from the wrong year so they will not work on my dike) This will help off set cost for the carbs.

I have had some one tell me that they will not work because the 650 has much more vacuum pressure to suck the gas and air into the motor. This may be true but why then does the xs650 and xs400 use identical carbs that are only jetted diffidently and moved apart more to fit on the larger motor?
Any help would be awesome! I want to get the bike going to head to the rocker VS Moders coming up at the end of this month!

Why not contact Mikesxs and ask them if they will work on the xs400. Maybe they could give the heads up on it.

pr design said:
Why not contact Mikesxs and ask them if they will work on the xs400. Maybe they could give the heads up on it.

I've asked mikexs on three separate occasions about part compatibility with my xs360 (same parts as a 400 essentially) and they've always come back with a resounding "I don't know". So I've basically written them off as useless in that department.

Back
Top Bottom