Xs right side cover weeping oil

tonofun

I Need some help here my xs650 is weeping oil on the top of the right side cover just under the tach drive. It is actually coming thru the casting. There is a small 2 cm x 2cm casting indent( all my other xs motors have the casting indent also). When I push on it I can actually see very minute oil bubbles come out of it. WTF is this, or anyone have any ideas what's going on. Thanks

That's right where the oil pump is (driven off the same gear as the tach drive). I'd be on the lookout for a replacement casing. I'm not sure exactly where you're pressing, but there shouldn't be anything soft anywhere on the engine :) You might consider not riding it or running the engine till you drain the oil and pop the side cover off to see what's going on. You don't want metal fragments in your oil.

Tim I checked it out today again ,it looks like somebody may have put epoxy in it. Do you know was there ever a temp sensor or anything on any xs side cover from the factory. Now I'm baffled cuz I had the side cover off and apart to clean/paint etc. I did not see any damage or epoxy on the inside. Guess I better drop the oil and the cover this week.

There is epoxy from factory over the plugs for oil drillings
The bolt holding tach drive in hasn't cracked case?

Pj you may be right. If I can get my lazy ass out into my shop I will pull the cover and let you know. It pisses me off if I did crack it or overlook it.

Back
Top Bottom