Cb125 Rearsets.

divot02

SRX,CB211
Here are a few new pics of the rearset arrangement I came up with. Everthing fits and functions well to this point.

Attachments

• pegs 013.JPG
    pegs 013.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 737
  • pegs 016.JPG
    pegs 016.JPG
    688.6 KB · Views: 500
  • pegs 017.JPG
    pegs 017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 510
  • pegs 020.JPG
    pegs 020.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 609
That looks like exactly what I was planning to do... Did you have to get a longer swingarm bolt to accommodate the rearset plates? And what thickness are they? 1/4"?

Ah, so that's what the welds on the base were for. I was planning on just running a piece of threaded rod or a super long bolt through both of them, so it would basically be the same setup as the swingarm bolt holding the front in. Think that would work?
Nvm, I think I see what you are talking about. Are they the little plug welds (not sure of the technical term) close to the outside of the spacer?

I considered a through rod but decided to go with welded couplers. I just ground slots in the pipe. Snugged the Nut next to the aluminum and welded it in place on the pipe. Simplicity and weight I guess. Not really sure why I did not go with a bolt but both seem feasible to me.

Thanks for posting this thread divot.....I am helping a mate create a little cafe bike from a 125, and have been scratching my head about how to mount the rearsets. I was contemplating welding a hanger to the diagonal frame tube from the engine to the rear of the bike, but your method looks much better. I guess the mounting plate can be designed to place the footpeg wherever desired...

Any chance that this bike is now a roller? Looking to do this to my wifes 125 and can't 100% tell how this looks since the bike is upsidedown in all the photos.

Back
Top Bottom