915cc cb750 engine installed

Re: 915cc cb750 sleeper "heads here"

Supernice engine! Now the next thing you need is:
file.php

I would love a dry clutch. I do know a guy in the Netherlands (Voxonda) who is working on t dry clutch system. Currently in testing. That may be his.
scm said:
Supernice engine! Now the next thing you need is:
file.php

That is nice. Plus flatslides and sight glass on the oil tank - nice touch. Nickle plated frame looks like it might be from Fritz Egli or a copy. Sweet.

That is a really neat dry clutch conversion. Transponder on the fork leg, so I'm thinking classic Endurance racing. Are those PVM mag wheels?

Man that thing is looking nice. I'm still a newb to bikes but I'm very interested in the cb750 platform. Wasn't your other engine a dohc? What is the advantage to changing to a single cam engine? Other than the increased cc's.

ponycarman said:
Man that thing is looking nice. I'm still a newb to bikes but I'm very interested in the cb750 platform. Wasn't your other engine a dohc? What is the advantage to changing to a single cam engine? Other than the increased cc's.

???

the SOHC and DOHC bikes are completely different
The OP is building a SOHC for his SOHC
DOHC bikes are larger...from the factory

Re: Re: 915cc cb750 sleeper "heads here"

surffly said:
???

the SOHC and DOHC bikes are completely different
The OP is building a SOHC for his SOHC
DOHC bikes are larger...from the factory

Sorry my mistake. I'm still learning bikes.

Today while my wife took my girls to the fair I was able to get the internals all put into place and ready to close up the cases. I did a fir of the crank, torqued it all down and all is good with the new crank bearings. If I hadn't ran out of assembly lube and Hondabond I would have had the cases together.

APE race crank with super rods, APE undercut trans, HD crank studs, HD primary and cam chains, drilled clutch basket and all new bearings.

Also decided to send off my rockers to be hard welded by Megacycle.

IMG_9281.jpg

Re: 915cc cb750 cases together

Some of the last parts to complete my engine build. I am also going to add a boxed swingarm to stiffen this up in the rear.

IMG_9345.jpg

IMG_9335.jpg

IMG_9327.jpg

IMG_9361.jpg

I hope to get in the garage today, watch some football and get most of the top end built up.

Jugs, head and MLS gasket on and torqued down. I will let them sit over night then re torque.

IMG_9366.jpg

IMG_9371.jpg

IMG_9376.jpg

Alright, looks good. leave it like that... ;)

Bet you're excited to fire this thing up!

does look great man... i think at this point you can build this motor in your sleep! hahaha maybe while we do the rame work on our turbo build if your intrested in making some extra money we will ship out the CB750 your way.

Lookin' good, man. What brand of paint did you use?

JRK5892 said:
does look great man... i think at this point you can build this motor in your sleep! hahaha maybe while we do the rame work on our turbo build if your intrested in making some extra money we will ship out the CB750 your way.
Yep, I have now been through multiple 750 engines and it's not rocket science. Still not as simple as a V-twin IMO but close. Once you are ready to break into the 750 engine you are building we can talk. It is really pretty straight forward and I have some great resources I can put you in touch with.

I have always used VHT on my engine parts when I don't powder. The key is great prep work, (de grease, media blast, sand, wipe down with wax and grease remover) then paint in light coats and bake in an over just like the directions recommend.

66replica said:
Lookin' good, man. What brand of paint did you use?

Fantastic!!! ill hit you up once we start filling the guts in... when we picked up the project the prev owner had it gutted already for mock up purposes

Back
Top Bottom