CB550 - Wont idle, cold cylinder

johnnynogood said:
is there an additive i can put in the gasoline to help get it started? a small engine tune up oil, or something along those lines? or, are there far more important things to worry about before i get there.

You can spray the air filters with starting fluid, but you shouldn't need to, especially if it's been running recently (albeit on 3 cylinders). I just use the stuff on really old bikes that have been sitting.

That sounds correct.

How old is the gas in the tank? If it's a month or more old, drain it and get some fresh gas. Modern gas loses the light ends very fast and deteriorates faster than a dead mouse in the wall.

after much trouble shooting, it appears as if i have made SOME progress, but still no idle.

watch video.. hangs out at around 3,000 rpm, but still dies unless i am playing with the throttle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJSMugU1Y8s&feature=youtu.be

thanks for the advice, yes, i have ruled this out. not sure how many miles. I had two set of stock carbs. with a wiser more experienced member from another forum, we rebuilt using Honda carb kit and the two sets, to create the best set possible.

i think i may have had a break through, posting more later!

Back
Top Bottom