DUCATI Race Car

I bet it is a handful with 75 to 100 hp in that little car . lol if it were myne id be sourcing somthing from the testastretta family. no replacement for displacemet ;)

I know were all speculating here, and its fun to do, that's why we're doing it! :) but I do plan on finding the owner and having a chat and getting some facts.

I do however, personally believe its a Pantah motor - smaller displacement as well.

I've owned a few Ducati's since 1998. In fact my first Ducati was a Monster of that year. I've also, up until recently owned a 748R (2000 model). The motors' on these machines are definitely a generation or two ahead of the motor I saw on that car.

If you look at the fin design on the cylinder heads, its looks like the type of motor found on Pantah's...

? :)

Dale

in design looks exactly like this 900ss motor to me. on the aluminum intake runners there is even the block off screw for the emissions canister. you sould go ask the guy. id love to know

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 477
I know it's been a while for this thread, but I found this while looking for something else.
250 Ducati engine Tecno race car.

http://www.collectioncar.com/detailed.php?ad=5852&category_id=1

Hi, I know this is an old post so I hope this info is still of some use.
This car is Tecno Formula 4 which raced in Europe, mainly Italy and UK in 1966 and 1967.
There were only 250 Tecno Formula 4s made. Three classes, one with 250c single, one with up to 650 cc twin and th third class up to 875cc 4 cylinder (Hillman Imp -Coventry Climax engine)
I purchased the Tecno Factory Works car in 2004. Took it to a show this week (August 2nd 2014) first time out in public since 1968!
I hjave created a website about these Tecno Formula 4 and if anyone has any info or would like to correct anything stated i would be very grateful for any input via the blog page.
www.projecttecno.co.uk
Thanks for your interest in this rare and little known racing formula/car

That's the Technocart F4 that Chuck Dinkle and I used to own and autocross. It was hoot to drive until SCCA changed their classes and ran us against a Corvette with Darryl Waltrip's engine in it.

Attachments

• Chuck Howard and Rebecca.jpg
    Chuck Howard and Rebecca.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
  • IMGA0058 (2).JPG
    IMGA0058 (2).JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 250
  • IMGA0061.JPG
    IMGA0061.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 263
That looks like a lot of fun! I've got a couple narrowcase engines around that aren't being used right now....

Back
Top Bottom