For anyone who likes racing.....

atx360

Been Around the Block
This is the top of turn one at the Circuit of the Americas track they are building in Austin TX.

a6cd086a-af48-fc88.jpg

I toured it today and man was it mind-blowing. I can't count the goosebumps!!

I've seen the renderings of this track. it's going to be INCREDIBLE when they finally complete it. I wish I could afford to attend the first F1 race there. I'm sure they'll pick up an INDY date and some bike races too.

Ive been to montreal for the last two races.
was thinking about going to this but i think ill just wait till 2013 and the NYC race.

a6cd0aca-236c-4799.jpg

This is the front straight looking up to turn one (which was the first pic).

a6cd0aca-238e-cb7c.jpg

This is from the end of the back straight. Which is just under a mile long. The grey area you see in the back is the beginning of the straight away. The surface undgulates and is has hills as well.
to put it in perspective. When they hit this turn in an f1 car they'll be doing 220mph. Gp bikes about 200.

a6cd0aca-24b4-bb4c.jpg

And this is the rendering. Hope you all see the awesomeness that is about to incur in Austin TX!

any new track that is gonna' have us two wheelers is a great addition to any city : ) yeah Texas!!!

The pictures are awesome!!

surffly said:
was thinking about going to this but i think ill just wait till 2013 and the NYC race.

Montreal is a great race. I am heading up this year, but I really can't wait for NYC. I am about 2 hours outside of NYC!!

I can't wait to go see MotoGP there!
I bet the top of that turn is the tallest hill in Austin. ;D

Here's a virtual lap around the track.
http://youtu.be/IWa2ZSZcUq8

In related news, I'm ordering my ticket tomorrow morning. $170 for the weekend. I wasn't going to go but It happens that I'll be in Houston that entire week. Hooray for me! ;D

Hoofhearted said:
I wanted to ask is there any elevation changes or is it flat as a pancake?

LOTS of elevation change. The front straight goes uphill 133' before hitting a lefty hairpin and a downhill run into a fast turn. Here's an elevation map of the track:

tumblr_m5a96jUymr1qb5nzto1_500.jpg

That looks like a LOOOoooooooong back straight. :eek:
There is going to be some high speeds seen there, 8) and some epic wipeouts after brake fade, late in the race. :-[

surffly said:

I can't wait for it... I was scoping out the garages from across the river a few days ago...

I couldnt get to montreal this year....sucks as the season has been great
Vettle will be in NJ monday doing some press demo stuff.

Im happy that the USGP tickets came in so cheap.

General admission (sitting on the grass, but actually most likely dirt in November North Texas) ticket was $182 after ticketmaster fees. Grandstands started at $275 and exceeded $520 for the best seats.

Blake said:
General admission (sitting on the grass, but actually most likely dirt in November North Texas) ticket was $182 after ticketmaster fees. Grandstands started at $275 and exceeded $520 for the best seats.
These prices are pretty close to the Canadian GP. It’s the unadvertised fees that are the killer. It was about $500 per ticket after fees and taxes for “silver” level grandstand tickets to Canada. Probably $100 of that was the tax and fees.

Well, the race sold out. I'm glad I bought my ticket during the pre-sale. Looks like they're going to add more seating in turns 9 and 11 to accept the high demand for tickets. I'm debating where to sit and when to arrive for the best view with my general admission pass.

Back
Top Bottom