This is FINAL! THIS is Tracey's ride!

Helmet's worth more than the bike :) How does the lid fit anyhow?

Nice looking little bike. Bars and mirrors gotta go. Is it my eyes or are the tires just a wee bit low on air?

Tintin said:
Helmet's worth more than the bike :) How does the lid fit anyhow?

Nice looking little bike. Bars and mirrors gotta go. Is it my eyes or are the tires just a wee bit low on air?

Well the head in it is worth even more to me ;D And it's a great fit... better than mine... my Leno jaw is REALLY clost to the guard.

Bars & mirrors will be gone this winter... Tires looked good to me... but I will admit to loosing my guage so I went by feel ::)

Will properly check all that before she or you ride it on the road ;D

What's the matter Buzz... jealous? ;D

Bike passed safety... chains a seen it's day... a little slack and the front tire will last the season but it passed ;)

You didn't order new sprockets and chain from Bikebandit while you were at it?

Looking forward to seeing it. Flying to Vancouver 3 hours after I land in Winnipeg and then returning the next night (long story).

Tintin said:
You didn't order new sprockets and chain from Bikebandit while you were at it?

Looking forward to seeing it. Flying to Vancouver 3 hours after I land in Winnipeg and then returning the next night (long story).

Didn't even think about it... too many years with the shaft driven BMW ;D

We went on our first 'long' ride today.

While racey found her ride quite comfy for the first time my seat and bar combo is killing me... have to change that up a bit.

Anyway.... here we are on the way back...

Some guy in Japan saw the video on uTube and sent me this letter...

Cool parts he's amassed!

Dear CanadaDanYWG

Hello, my name is Tetsuro from Tokyo Japan. I saw your GS400 on your videos, and am very impressed how clean and well maintained it is. I used to have 1977 GS400 and loved how it has comfortable control. I had to sell it in order to study abroad in the US, but I kept the parts I had back then. I am longing to be an owner of 1977 GS400 again, and wondering if you could sell your 1977 GS400 to me. I will, of course, treat it well and would like to have it as my greatest treasure. I was born in 1977 and that is the reason I am looking forward to have 1977 GS400. So far, I have collected so many rare old custom parts for GS400, such as Marving exhaust, DG exhaust, kijima oil cooler, mag wheels with front/rear disk breaks, NOS genuine electric parts, Yoshimura cam shafts, etc. I collected these parts before I get the bike, because as the time passes, harder it gets to find custom parts. I really love GS400 and would love to ride it again. I really appreciate your great considerations and would look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you very much and have a wonderful day!
Sincerely,
Tetsuro

Of course I poilitely told him the bike was NOT for sale... didn't tell him it wasn't as pristine as it once was ::)

Yeah man! See what he'll give you. You have all winter to pick up another and get it ready for spring. What else are you gonna do all winter? ;)

rudy said:
Yeah man! See what he'll give you. You have all winter to pick up another and get it ready for spring. What else are you gonna do all winter? ;)

Uhmm... fix said bike after I highsided it a few weeks ago ;D

He'll use it as an excuse to tear the entire bike down and rebuild. Have you disassembled it yet in your cavernous garage (or basement presumably given the 10 feet of snow between you and your garage ;))

Back
Top Bottom