82 Kaw Spectre project

Stock for Maxim says 130, and that's what I have. I dunno about a Seca. Dosen't rub, could probably go a touch wider, buy anything drastic would require grinding on the shaft/swingarm, and I'm not enough of a "wide tire" fan to care. I'm gonna foot clutch/jockey shift it over the winter, but that's it for the mods on the XJ. It's a great bike and soooooo fun to ride.

Last night I noticed a few things and made some changes. The forks pushed up through the trees lowered the bike a bit too much and the fender was hitting the horns on really big hits so... I took off the clip-ons, and reverted to clubmans, and also took off the fairing, put on a new clutch cable, and mounted the rear signals and tail light. I need to get a new shift shaft seal, touch up some paint and colortune one last time, but I'm prettymuch done with this one. I'm gonna have a hard time selling it, it's real smooth, quick and wants to go like a motherfrigger...

dcfn0025.jpg

I'm entertaining offers on the Kawasaki project. email kevin (at) 70-71 (dot) com. Not looking for lowball offers, I don't NEED the money.

Back
Top Bottom