1975 Honda CB360T

are you using factory 5.5mm fuel line or some "universal" 1/4" stuff? because the 1/4" stuff isn't the right stuff

Snug a worm clamp on there for now and see if it still leaks. You can visually inspect the hose for cracks but generally it only cracks at the ends. So if it still leaks with a clamp then you likely have an issue where the barb has loosened up. Press it back in and solder maybe?

Have we already covered how it could be leaking between the brass fitting and the carb body?

I turn the petcock to off and no fuel comes out of the line, which it shouldn't. As soon as I attach the line to the carb fuel starts to overflow from the line. I've just ordered a new line since that's an easy upgrade/fix/change. Not certain it will make a difference at this point - since the 2nd line from the petcock does not overflow. However, since I plan on changing/upgrading parts and the look of the bike, this is a small one to do without any effort really.

The line already has/had a worm clamp and it still leaks profusely even after cutting it. I'm going to try one more thing tonight with the clamp/line and see if that helps. If not, I'm going to have to assume it is related to the carb. In which case, I may or may not just upgrade. That brings the question of do I keep the carbs on the bike and do the mod everyone talks about or do I order the VM28's with pods...

So much to consider that I wasn't planning on addressing until winter, LOL.

Sonreir said:
Have we already covered how it could be leaking between the brass fitting and the carb body?

Yes, but apparently looking at it, didn't fix it.

That photograph was to show the height/depth since once user mentioned it may have slipped, but okay.

Went back and checked the second carb and did notice a small amount of gas on the line. New lines have been ordered so hopefully that will resolve the issue. Thanks everyone for the input so far. I really appreciate it!

I found the VM 28's on Amazon and they seem to be fairly priced in comparison to some companies. https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Round-Slide-Carburetor-VM28-49/dp/B00M9MN6J4. Might order two and then filters and just bite that bullet sooner rather than later. Any thoughts?

60/200 seems quite rich. you will need to jet down from there. 30/150 is my best guess but this bike has been done so many times someone will chime in with the exact numbers.
jets are cheap.

This is the setup for my last one:

2.5 cutout
5F21 needle
O-8 Primary needle jet
130 main jet
30 slow jet

I replaced the lines with the correct size and there is still a small leak, so I am inclined to agree it is the carbs that are the issue. Given the age of the bike I'd rather have new carbs vs. repairing the old. Forgive me for this newb question but couldn't I do VM30's with this set up vs. the 28's?

2.5 cutout
5F21 needle
O-8 Primary needle jet
130 main jet
30 slow jet

The setup I offer was for 28's on a 360 bored to 378. Your intake velocity will be much different with a VM30, so your jets will be different as well.

just like a 2 stroker wanting to run just a little bit rich. Irk knows his shit. many races have been won on rd350's with vm28's says chuck supertune. If I were to do it right I would use them. not unhappy with the pz's I like getting 50 mpg, but vm28's are a much better choice. I mention the rd because it runs at twice the rpm's of cb360. they are the right size for your application. the jet needle is not so important for me because i'm usually either at idle or near if not at wot. posted a teaser pic in the bob/chop section. dirtbag challenge cb360. please leave a comment. the two white circles at the back of the cut frame are red cob led's.

Today I decided to redesign my idea a little better to help me better understand what parts I need and what changes I'll be making.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 253
I would consider a higher fender, if you actually intend to ride off road. Mud and rocks will jam in-between the wheel and fender and cause your front wheel to lock up, if there isn't enough space.

I'm actually keeping street tires on it, not the ones shown, and will not off-road with it. I was just feeling lazy in Photoshop, but wanted a little less janky idea to work off of. :)

I've finally started ordering parts for my build. Because they dropped in
price, I started with the carbs.

https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Round-Slide-Carburetor-VM28-49/dp/B00M9MN6J4

Anyone have any suggestions on filters for the Mikuni VM 28's?

I've always been fairly happy with Uni. K&N are also popular if you want more of a pod look.

I started the buying - and removing - of more parts! Last night I removed the brake light, rear turn indicators, and fender. Not sure if I’ll reuse the fender or not. As for purchases, my Mikunis are set to arrive soon and I also ordered my new seat and added a cowl. The cowl will not be painted when it arrives as it shows in the sample image. I’ll be getting that painted to match the blue of the tank.

Attachments

• EE7519B0-A7B6-4163-A4EA-E10F19AE3B75.jpeg
    EE7519B0-A7B6-4163-A4EA-E10F19AE3B75.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 248
  • BAD16278-4B38-4FBD-9FAD-711C87787E1C.jpeg
    BAD16278-4B38-4FBD-9FAD-711C87787E1C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 222
  • 35391CAB-761E-4B50-9623-C4253579FD83.jpeg
    35391CAB-761E-4B50-9623-C4253579FD83.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 223
  • 393B887A-AD05-4A0B-9ECE-0F2340EFCDAE.jpeg
    393B887A-AD05-4A0B-9ECE-0F2340EFCDAE.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 235
Sonreir said:
I've always been fairly happy with Uni. K&N are also popular if you want more of a pod look.

I've Googled for quite a long time and have yet to find a "Pod" filter that says it works with the VM28's. Am I misunderstanding the fitment of the pods by chance?

I bought these carbs: https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Round-Slide-Carburetor-VM28-49/dp/B00M9MN6J4 and am preparing to buy the Mikuni Intake Manifold Boots that are needed. They're on Amazon for a decent enough price: https://www.amazon.com/Mikuni-Rubber-Flange-Typical-M-VM28-200K/dp/B000WJC9R6.

Originally I was going to purchase these filters but now I'm not certain they'd fit: https://www.dimecitycycles.com/57mm-high-performance-air-filter-pod-red-silver.html.

Does anyone have any links of which pods for sure fit the VM28's by chance?

Measure the OD of the air filter side of the carburetor, then search for a pod filter with that diameter.

Back
Top Bottom