DO THE TON Mama Tried 3 - Alabama 2012 - New and Improved with event pics!

Big Rich said:
That's awesome news PJ! It will be great to meet you.

I have a funny story about why my wife and I got married in April. She wanted a "late fall / early winter" wedding, but I said that's hunting season.

So she said "what about in May?"
I replied "That's the spring turkey season"

We were married in a May as well....simply because my wifes birthday is in July and she said "I dont wanna be another year older and not be married!" So thats that. Happily ever after! Haha!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ha, if I haven't sold the house by then I won't be going anywhere, I hope it sells soon, we lowered the price again. I want to try to come up with something we can do for our anniversary down there so I can still get to Barber but pull off a great 10 year deal. We'll see. I think if I just spent the day with her not talking about bnikes it would be enough.

Brother, you let me know how to help with that, there is all kinds of cool stuff I can direct ya to on the cheap to have a romantic day with your lady. No problem!

My anniversary is also in October. We are going on a cruise for a long past due honeymoon. That is the main reason I can not make it to Barber. I am already taking off a lot of days that month.

JustinLonghorn said:
My anniversary is also in October. We are going on a cruise for a long past due honeymoon. That is the main reason I can not make it to Barber. I am already taking off a lot of days that month.

I could kick you in the....err...finger....and you can claim temporary disability. Problem solved.

Just heads up that I'm likely going to miss the 2014 meetup - that's our 20th and I've promised the family a trip to Europe. Which sounds much fancier than it actually is - will probably be about the same cost as 10 days at Disney ;)

Tim said:
Just heads up that I'm likely going to miss the 2014 meetup - that's our 20th and I've promised the family a trip to Europe. Which sounds much fancier than it actually is - will probably be about the same cost as 10 days at Disney ;)

Hmm...That's still two years away. Anything can happen! But hey, as long as you make it to something motorcycle related over there and do a photo blog we will forgive you! Haha! And we're planning the Isle of Man/trip to Ireland (where my roots are located) 2013, but it will be several months before Barber's, so I'm still in!

Oh I'm sure I'll get to Alabama in October too - I'll figure it out. Will plan for Europe in the spring so it doesn't seem so odd that I'm heading south in October :)

Europe in the spring is going to be pretty cool (like COLD) but, your in Canada so you may not notice much different except people talk funny ;D

Big Rich said:
That's awesome news PJ! It will be great to meet you.

I have a funny story about why my wife and I got married in April. She wanted a "late fall / early winter" wedding, but I said that's hunting season.

So she said "what about in May?"
I replied "That's the spring turkey season"
This is the reason that we were married in February. ;D

Big Rich said:
That's great news Eddie! Are you riding down or driving? We are trying to get a large group to ride together.

Justin.......that still sucks. Anything gonna change that?
Well, I have a tent a cooler and some other friends to pick up in GA, I usually haul the gear and bike on the back of my pick up. besides, the pick up came in pretty handy last year and served as the DTT emergency truck at the Barber event, LOL.
I'm heading out either Wednesday afternoon and resting in GA. Then head to AL from there on thursday morning.

What day are you planing on starting your trip Rich?

I honestly have no idea. I have 12 days off in a row, so I'm pretty flexible. It depends on who else is coming and their schedule.

cafematty said:
Which day? kzpokey and I got hitched on 2/22 (at 2:22 am)
The 11th, and it was a sunny 68f, almost unheard of for here.
It's nice having the reminders for the anniversary (valentines day on the 14th). :D

xulf13 said:
Well, I have a tent a cooler and some other friends to pick up in GA, I usually haul the gear and bike on the back of my pick up. besides, the pick up came in pretty handy last year and served as the DTT emergency truck at the Barber event, LOL.
I'm heading out either Wednesday afternoon and resting in GA. Then head to AL from there on thursday morning.

I'd almost forgotten about running out to pick Jason up!

will try to bring me,the Maz and the Radian down from Chattanooga.Have trailer if anyone needs a hand.bj

xulf13 said:

When he says resting in GA he means drinking copious amounts of beer at my house. If Rome, GA is along anyone else's route and you need a place to crash for the night just PM me. As long as you don't mind bunking on a couch or air mattress.

Getting so stoked for this. I just picked up an 89 Honda pc800 the other day. It doesn't have the street cred of my other bikes but the thing is like a pickup truck. Haven't decided if I'm going to ride the pc or the goldwing up or trailer both of them and maybe the 350. As far as I know Twisted is still in but I haven't discussed it with him in a bit. If anyone needs a ride from down south shoot me a pm and we'll hook it up. I'm trying to secure a pretty big trailer so hauling bikes won't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom