74 cl360 cafe

motorhead

Been Around the Block
Hey guys whats up. I figured i would move this over here and cronicle it for you guys. That way you can tell me what im doing wrong. This site has been a wealth of info alredy. I am going for a bike very similar to preteals, or chris f. both of those bikes are spot on. Cant decide on the wheels yet (black or brushed). Ive already put a little paint on the frame, need to finish grinding off some tabs. Ive cut off the side panel hangers, seat hinge, helmet lock thingy and about 6in of the rear of the frame. Gonna get some allballs cone bearings for the neck and either clubman bars or clip ons. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated

Later Dustin

cl360019.jpg

cl360018.jpg

cl360013.jpg

cl360012.jpg

cl360011.jpg

cl360010.jpg

cl360009.jpg

ha ha. thats my dads 10 year long project. Its a 58 that keeps getting put back for drag race cars. Probably go back all orig but may put a crate 350 in it so we can drive it this summer while waiting for an orig motor to get built.

Glad my little CB450 can be motivation for your project my man.
And a big thumbs up to your dad for owning one of the most killer cars Chevy ever put out.
I love my 55 Bel-Air, and hopefully will have a 55 Vette to park next to it someday...

Good luck on the CL !

Again, cool project.

And I gotta say something about the Vette... I've had 2 incomplete vette projects in my lifetime, a 75 with a bad chassis and a 78 silver anniversary that had just about everything brand new, but not installed... Full interior (aside for the seats), complete top end, exhaust, rally wheels... etc... Spent 3 years buying every little piece for that car only to sell it. :'(

Looking at an LT1 now...

Love all years of vettes... but I'd kill for a split-window.

Everything looks good so far. If you have a choice, clip-ons feel better to me. I've built a bike with clip-ons and a bike with clubmans. I like the clip-ons much better.

Keep us posted as to the progess. I'm certainly not the best builder out there nor the most experienced, but I'll offer tips as your go...

--Chris

hey thanks guys I have a list of parts to order in the next few days. I forgot to mention that i got a set of R6 rearsets off of ebay that im going to try to make work. Ive seen some hondas with R1 rears and these look real close. Im a short guy so i dont think bolting them to the passenger peg mounts will work so i will be building some mounts i think. Question: my forks show just a hair under 33mm on my digital calipers. Taking OEM variances into consideration, are they 32mm or 33mm or 34mm. I know thats a stupid question but just need to know for the clipons.

later
d

Controls on the passenger pegs work perfectly on the CB360 I'm building. I'm short too (5'7')!!

--Chris

;D ha ha you guy's are belarious, Im keepin those babys i love the look and they seem to be very hard to come by but ill keep my eyes open fer ya. I already kut the guard tabs off and im gonna "massage" the chrome off of em. I may bead blast em and get them rechromed or go black but a little shiney is not a bad thing....just a little tho 8)

and Dustin

No problem, I did some messin around last nite and made a bracket to hold the tach. Ive notices some guys putting them on this way and turning them sideways and I love that but i figured i would be a little diferent and leave it straight. I took the bracket that held both guages and cut it in half and smoothed it up a bit and bolted it to the stock location on the trees. I was gonna try to use the stock headlight mount but its fugly so out it goes. Im not going with the upside down bars either I just wanted a reference point . Im going with clipons for sure. These are my r6 rears and tympanium unit. Im gonna try to wire it the same way as my triumph i did a couple years ago. Very simple. I want to use a dual fire sportster coil and this tympanium will get rid of the rectifier and regulator and clean things up a ton. Not sure which battery yet.

later
Dustin
cl360008-1.jpg

cl360007.jpg

cl360006.jpg

cl360005-1.jpg

cl360004.jpg

cl360003.jpg

cl360002-1.jpg

cl360001.jpg

Nice build you have going here. Keep us updated on how the rear sets fit. I've been thinking about rear sets on the CL360 I'll hopefully be picking up soon.

For that oil pump drive gear, ask "DetroitRockCity." He has a thread where he mentions about selling 3 engines so he probably has what you need. Here is the thread.
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=7981.0

Mike

Cool start man! Interested in seeing the Harley parts in action. Hit up MarcW on here too for a drive gear. He helped me tremendously with my 360 on parts and also has 3 360 motors. He's a good dude and should have what you need. Keep it up!

All rite guys here we go, After a few months of starting my own business, buying a house and knocking my wife up I get to get back on this project. Got all of the bits and pieces sourced and bought pretty much.
anyone know what to do about a broken shock stud?
Here are the rearsets, i cut the rear pegs mounts off and fabbed some mounts up with 3/8ths tubing from home depot. They are just tacked on now, im not sure i like the configuration. I dont know if it will be strong enough. Anyways take a look. My garage is kinda cramped and I gotta get all my tools back together.
honda.jpg

honda2.jpg

honda3.jpg

honda4.jpg

honda5.jpg

later

Forgot to mention the name of this project has become "The Wasp" as My new business name is Wasp Energy LLC. The colors or colours for you brits out there will be Pagan Gold and Black. I have the scheme in my head but its hard to explain, very 60's slingshot though. Google the Beebe and Muligan fighting irish front engine dragster of the sixties. Its green but youll get the idea

Later

For the stud, just get a 12mm (or whatever it is) bolt and MIG it in on both the front and the back.

--Chris

Back
Top Bottom