Baja Yaris - for shits and giggles

Now that this is done. Baja will resume:
1732-040319185203.jpeg

Did you do the light and dark tiles like that on purpose? If so 2 thumbs up. I take it you have set tile a time or two.
Looks awesome!

Yep, not my first tile job for sure. My wife laid them all out in light and dark from the packages when we sealed them before install and I called out to the son to bring me a light or dark as needed to get that effect. Some were hard to decide which they were because they were split 50/50 between the 2 shades of the stone, we put those under the tub or used them as the cuts.

I got out to the garage last night but all I got done was a polish up of my headlights. I was driving home from sending a big box of bike parts to Jimbonaught and almost got clipped by a deer I could barely see in the low beams as they are quite yellowed. So spent an hour with compounds and headlight polish and cleaned them up to like new again. Last thing I need is a fucking deer through the windshield FFS.

For real? Shit man, I'd've felt proper bad if you got smoked by a deer again on a trip for my benefit!

What do you call a deer with no eyes? No idea.

What do you call a deer with with no eyes and no legs? Still no idea.

What do you call a deer with no eyes, no legs and no d*ck? Still, no fucking idea.

And no worries. the trip wasn;t the issue. the fuckers are all over the roads because of the snow in the woods. There is a herd almost every night LOL.

I got something done! Roof rack installed. went mostly smoothly but I had an issue with a crossthreaded riv-nut that was not fun. had to retap it and then was ok. I'll get a pic later today out in the wild with both bars.

Attachments

• IMG_20190316_122611805.jpg
    IMG_20190316_122611805.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_20190316_145516536.jpg
    IMG_20190316_145516536.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_20190316_145523964.jpg
    IMG_20190316_145523964.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 449
Got the new blaupunkt installed. Works great. As good or better than factory sound with BT.

Attachments

• IMG_20190322_210555174.jpg
    IMG_20190322_210555174.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 226
I thought I took pictures but the phone has nothing. Epic fail on the front lifts. So I got some time on Sunday afternoon to look at and install the lifts. Started on the backs because if they didn't fit I'd stop. They worked, I had to trim the inner ring as it was the wrong diameter but the outer was good and they fit perfect in the perch. I'll get pics of those. So encouraged by that, I moved on to the fronts. Did the drivers side first, it went in fine like I figured it would. I was able to get it all in and there was a nice gain in clearance. moved over to the passenger side and this is where it all went south on me. I got the kit installed, then it seemed to take forever to get the strut bolts lined up to get it in place, fought those, got them in, tighten up the top (I thought I did anyway) time for a test drive. could feel the increased height for sure, It's easier to get in and out. first pothole and bang, shit, loose strut, passenger side. pull in, tighten down, looks good, test drive, bang! fucking loose again. Back in garage, now I can't tighten as the coupler nut is out of the strut hole? WTF. that means the whole thing collapsed??? So I give up as this took from about 6PM till 11:30. So got up this morning, fresh eyes, pull the whole thing apart, it looks fine??? so in it goes again, put the weight of the car on it and up pops the nut again so can't make it tight, Fuck??? how one side can work and the other not baffles me, I put the rubber bit in the vice and tried to compress it, and it would compress at all so IDK WTF is going on. Sucks to cause the ride height was perfect.

Attachments

• Lift.jpg
    Lift.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 234
Rear.

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_173120466.jpg
    IMG_20190325_173120466.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20190325_173110901.jpg
    IMG_20190325_173110901.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20190325_173127053.jpg
    IMG_20190325_173127053.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 220
And after pulling the front lifts I think I know what I need to do. One side the top rubber mount was stiffer than the side that was sagging. The tops are domed and normally the bearing is in that space and the rubber cant compress. On my lifts the bearing is gone so I need a piece of metal or dense rubber to put in that ace and I should be golden. Ill look around and find something. Even a stack of washers might work.

Drove to work with the back lifted and front stock LOL. Didn't really handle very different but the front bumper did drag a little more on mother natures speed bumps AKA the frost heaves of which there are way more this year than last. I also think I have the thing to put in the lifts to fix the issues. Came to me mid sleep last night as these things do. I have 2 CRV bump stops that are the same rubber as the top mounts and about the right size, Just need to make the holes large enough for the lug extender and they should fill the domed part of the mounts and stop the over compression.

s-l300.jpg

Does this come in YARIS?

Glad you got it figured out, the back looks tall!

SONIC. said:
s-l300.jpg

Does this come in YARIS?

Glad you got it figured out, the back looks tall!

Ha, not quite that extreme but pretty much the look LOL

That's only 1.5" over stock, enough to clear the 27 x 8.5 R14 tires without rubbing from the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom