1986 Ford/New Holland 5610

cb360j

Been Around the Block
Well this was a three week project I wanted to put on here since I don't see many people doing tractor stuff. We bought a backhoe this weekend so we allowed for some downtime for our tractor.

We bought it about two years ago now from my sister in laws family who bought it brand new, it needed a lot of maintenance work done. This is how it looked before the restoration

Here it is, we took the wheels off, and pretty much everything. This is after removing the head to replace piston rings, it had a lot of blow by.

Attachments

• Tractor 3.jpg
    Tractor 3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 462
  • Tractor 4.jpg
    Tractor 4.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 460
  • Tractor 1.jpg
    Tractor 1.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 471
This is after we laid primer and the first coat of blue, it actually started turning out pretty. I want to say that it took us about a week of working every night for about 4 hours to remove all the paint with grinders. It was miserable

Attachments

• Tractor 2.jpg
    Tractor 2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 466
Looks great!
I love seeing more projects on this forum.
Removing paint with a grinder is a horrible task lol

Here is when we started putting things back together, getting all the small things painted was pretty annoying. That front nose cone is like a really think piece of dyed blue plastic, it was the weirdest thing to clean off.

Attachments

• Tractor 5.jpg
    Tractor 5.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 460
More parts being put back on, brand new seat and instrument panel. i wish I would've had a picture of the instruments, they looked horrible but now are cool again

Attachments

• T6.jpg
    T6.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 486
Now for some beauties, I forgot to get pictures of refurbishing the wheels. Note to anyone dealing with tractor wheels, have a really good lift of some sort or another tractor to lift these things. The rear wheels and tires alone had to be 700+ pounds.

Attachments

• T7.jpg
    T7.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 509
Then finally saturday we got the front end loader back on. And then took a good photo of it before putting it back to work with my sister in law on it, because the day she was born is when her grandfather bought this thing. We like to joke about how she and the tractor needed a good restoration. She requested her face be left out.

Attachments

• T8_LI.jpg
    T8_LI.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 513
  • t10.jpg
    t10.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 646
  • t9.jpg
    t9.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 685
SONIC. said:
Looks great!
I love seeing more projects on this forum.
Removing paint with a grinder is a horrible task lol

Thank you! No joke, it takes years off a guys life lol

beautiful work. I also love seeing all kinds of projects on here.

This never stops blowing my mind seeing how the "frame" of a tractor really isn't a frame at all. We get so used to looking at cars and how they're built, but this has so much of a torso look to it.

index.php

Hahaha this was my first time taking one apart, and the first time seeing one in person completely apart like this. Once we had everything apart I felt like we would never get it back together.
Its crazy how they are literally an engine, a transmission, and a rear end all mated together as one solid piece. Everything else is like legos and just goes on top.

I sorta think it looks liked a skinned squirrel with the legs cut off past the ankles lol

Back
Top Bottom