• 70's Paint design with purple, blue, black and others

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Metallic Purple Haze

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Black

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Re: 1975 Yamaha DT-250 Bobba! AGENT ORANGE

i intend to, now that she's done aside from needing bulbs for the headlight tail light.

Thank christ you put that stock seat back on.

Looks good man. Do yourself a favor and get that pipe cleaned up and under paint before it rusts through though. They arent cheap to replace.

Oh, and buy this:

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-lighting-parts-chrome-6-1-4-inch-h4-headlight-assembly-66-64312.html

Probobly cheaper than a replacement bulb for the stock light, ten times brighter, and simple as hell to install. Well worth it if you ever ride at night. I replaced the headlight on my RD200 with one, and its (excuse the unintentional pun) night and day.

VonYinzer said:
Thank christ you put that stock seat back on.

Looks good man. Do yourself a favor and get that pipe cleaned up and under paint before it rusts through though. They arent cheap to replace.

Oh, and buy this:

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-lighting-parts-chrome-6-1-4-inch-h4-headlight-assembly-66-64312.html

Probobly cheaper than a replacement bulb for the stock light, ten times brighter, and simple as hell to install. Well worth it if you ever ride at night. I replaced the headlight on my RD200 with one, and its (excuse the unintentional pun) night and day.
I can't put it on because my bike is a 6 volt system and its burn out that light. thanks for the tip though. and im already priming the pipe. sanded it the other day. gonna wrap it

Dont wrap an expansion chamber... Also, Im pretty sure all it takes to convert a DT250 to 12v is a battery, and bulbs. Just a thought.

Oh, and you still need to paint the pipe before you wrap it anyway. If not it will hold moisture under the wrap and rust the pipe just as bad as if it wasnt wrapped.

Wire is wire man. 12v or 6v doesnt matter. Justin can chime in on this as I thought he was the one who told me about the ease of converting the DT to 12v. 12v is better by far.

DT's charging systems actually put out more than 20+ volts. They use the battery as a voltage regulator. It is one of the reasons that these bikes constantly blow bulbs.

You can switch these over to 12V by changing the battery, bulbs, and reg/rec.

When you are a jobless 16 year old, $100 is hard to come about. It's all running and working but I just wanted to know where to get the shit.

Hahaha... I just meant that if he could come up w/ $100, I could show him where to fined the shit he needs. Asshole.

TheOneTrueGreg said:
No money = no bike build.
Keep it how it is til you have a job buddy.
Only one who cuts to the chase.
Im doing little paintings on the side to make cash but
I have no clients at this moment
Here is my latest

Attachments

• flying eye Von Kirk.jpg
    flying eye Von Kirk.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,058
  • Rat Fink Von  Kirk.jpg
    Rat Fink Von Kirk.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,072
  • felix von kirk.jpg
    felix von kirk.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,081
VonYinzer said:
Hahaha... I just meant that if he could come up w/ $100, I could show him where to fined the shit he needs. Asshole.
I knew what you ment amigo, we gotta give you shit. I love having you two on my posts. makes them fun

75 DT250 Bratty Cafe Bob Updates.

Well It was really running like shit the past few times i started it so i traced it to the carb and my dad helped me rebuild it. It's running better then ever. This think has way more power now. I think if i just do a few more things to the engine it just maybe will hit the ton. Fingers crossed on that lol. I am gonna (live Von Yinzer said) and re-volt? it to 12v. Then get a 7'' headlight from dime city. Finaly got some cash. Also gonna buy a seat cowl from DesmoBro off his kz750.
I love this bike. I don't think a 16 year old could be happier.

Well here she is. All dolled up.
Bars reversed, final clear coat on,
Checker stripe(because I wanted it)
X on headlight. Carb re-jetted. The whole nine yards.
|
|
|
|
V

Attachments

• Me on Betty.jpg
    Me on Betty.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 879
Swivel said:
A lesson in life....If you want to be seen as cool,never ever get a bike shoot done in front of a Preass.... :(
Hahahah, not my pussy ass car, so I don't care hah. I will never own, drive or let my wife own a prius

Back
Top Bottom