Eric's CB350 Sport Inspired Bobber.

bananaclip

Been Around the Block
Its winter in Wv so I need to get started on a new project. This time the build is going to be for my youngest brother. I picked up a 1970 CB350 in decent shape over a year ago and decided to donate the bike for this particular build. Eric is going to fund the project leaving me to do the grunt work :). I must say that I am pretty excited to build my brothers first scoot. He wants to go with a bobber/brat type bike with performance in mind.

Bike night of purchase

IMG_1967.jpg

Started to strip her down and label the harness

IMG_2613_zps85a3cbaa.jpg

IMG_2614_zps302abee9.jpg

Stock electronics and harness

IMG_2616_zps8cdcd25b.jpg

Bits awaiting clean up

IMG_2618_zps88908473.jpg

Dime City Moto's

IMG_2621_zps47896df4.jpg

Junk Pile

IMG_2623_zps240f0203.jpg

Re: Eric's CB350

Im going to hang onto the tank, sorry. Its just not going on this one. Im looking for a cb350k tank in good shape, if anyone has a lead let me Next the motor will come out for a full frame solid weld treatment.

Re: Eric's CB350

Hello all, Im on the hunt for a direct conversion front end and a clean cb350k tank. I live in Wv so if anyone is near by please get with me. Something along the lines of a cb400-cb550 complete front (upper, lower, forks, brace, possibly wheel, axle,etc). Im going to continue my hunt in the sale/trade section but figured why not document the hunt in my build.

Re: Eric's CB350 Sport/Bob Build

Gathered some tanks.

CB200
IMG_2635_zps89b50c2f.jpg

IMG_2636_zps21d1ba0b.jpg

OG Tank
IMG_2637_zps2f113013.jpg

IMG_2640_zps249b4617.jpg

Im really liking the look of the 350 tank. It is pretty roached inside but we will see how it comes out. The outside of the tank looks pretty solid.

Love that 350 tank, look for a product called Kwik-Poly http://kwikpolyllc.com/, it's pretty phenomenal stuff. It's ALL I use to seal tanks (plus about a zillion other uses) anymore and I've tried everything else that I found on the market first. I'm about to throw a set of carbon fiber XV engine covers and I'll use it to seal those too. I can attest to the fact the the stuff just holds up.

Swagger, I totally agree on the 350 tank. Thanks for the advise on the sealer. Just ordered some! This weekend (well tonight) im going to pull the motor and get the frame shaved and welded up. Using the OG tank will save me some time. Little E's birthday is in march so I plan on having his scoot ready by then. Wish me luck dtt family.

Swagger said:
Love that 350 tank, look for a product called Kwik-Poly http://kwikpolyllc.com/, it's pretty phenomenal stuff. It's ALL I use to seal tanks (plus about a zillion other uses) anymore and I've tried everything else that I found on the market first. I'm about to throw a set of carbon fiber XV engine covers and I'll use it to seal those too. I can attest to the fact the the stuff just holds up.

Don't mean to highjack a thread, but is the pint size enough for a tank? Read over the page and it says that it lays on pretty thin, so I'm assuming yes?

$15 + shipping is a steal!

And hope you get your bike up and running by March bananaclip!

I'd get the next size up just to be sure, thing is....it's just really good stuff to have around. I just repaired an neat old vintage Triumph short course tank, got bonked on a corner and haggard the glass so I flooded it there with KwikPoly and let it harden. I'll clean it out a bit and line it a couple times with the stuff too. Should be good for another life AND modern fuels too!

well, I tossed a few washers and some ball bearings into the 350 tank and shook it up a good bit. What I discovered was daylight coming through the walls of the tank. I am in desperate need of a tank if anyone cares to chyme in. I also tore the frame down and shaved her. I am getting ready to run a bar between the shock hangers but am a bit concerned about clearance. After I add the bracing off will come the rear seat tie in. I will gets some pics up asap. Let me know your thoughts on the shock brace location please. :)

made some progress on the frame. Started shaving, bracing, and welding.

IMG_2662_zps1fad2d30.jpg

IMG_2668_zps08b6a5bf.jpg

IMG_2669_zps39dbebb1.jpg

Next steps are to finish shaving and welding, get our seat and aquire a tank.

I do have many updates. Just need to toss up some pics. I am supervising (lol) a cb550, cb360, xs400 builds for my buddies. I just got my triumph running good. Finally I picked up a bundle package of awesome 2 stroke stuff. I picked up a 72 rd250 that came with (6) R5 engines. So my garage looks like a legit motorcycle shop. Crazy how fast projects come on.

Back
Top Bottom