Fuck liquid cooled motorcycles.

SONICJK

Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
At wits end.
Going to burn a KLR to the ground.
Overheating is stupid.

Actually rephrase that.
Fuck old motorcycles.
I spend more time fixing bullshit than I do even riding.
I'm going to scrap them all

Overheating is generally a fairly straight forward fix, only a couple of critical components to cause a failure. What's not working? Fan not coming on or water not circulating?

bob.

Anybody want to buy a few thousand pounds of scrap hahah

Bobdot said:
Overheating is generally a fairly straight forward fix, only a couple of critical components...

Yeah it's an easy fix sure, as long as your cylinder head hasn't gone soft on ya.

Not as easy as you think.
Thermostat is good
No clogs
No leaks
No bubbles in radiator
No coolant in oil or oil in coolant.
Pump, impeller, seals all good
Fan good
Airflow good

I just spent most of the day working on that KLR instead of riding my other KLR. Then I went to ride dirtbikes with my girl and the damn ts250 decides to be a twat and not run, for no good reason.
I'm just tired of dealing with all the bullshit old bikes bring along. I'm going to clear some shit out and focus on fewer, nicer bikes.

I'm basically just ranting to myself, and frustrated with myself for having a whole bunch of project bikes with only a couple of decent running riding bikes.

Word to the wise, 12 motorcycles don't do anyone any good if only 3 are somewhat reliable.

SONIC. said:
12 motorcycles don't do anyone any good if only 3 are somewhat reliable.

It's obvious what you need to do!

Get another twelve bikes and you will have the chance that six might be running at any one time …

Crazy

I think we've all been there. Sometimes I need to take a few weeks off and clear my head, then I usually get motivated again. My neighbors have seen me chuck wrenches down the street...... Time to thin the herd sounds like.

I had a similar experience, so take from it what you will...

Buddy had a nice older Concourse that wouldn't stay cool.
"Bring it over!", I said with confidence. "It's probably the thermostat. No biggie"

That bike was in my garage for 6 months.
3 thermostats, 2 radiators, 2 full flushes, still having issues.
(with pulling and reinstalling the damn carbs and intake boots between every damn fix got REAL OLD REAL FAST)

Finally I'm convinced that it's the water jacket itself that is clogged and full of crap, so I get some Muratic Acid and slowly flush a bunch of CRUD out of the water jacket!

AFter that, it ran like a top and lived all day in the lower third of the gauge.

My theory is that somewhere along the line P.O. put stop leak in it and then topped it off with well water or some such.
The acid attacked the calcium deposits much faster than aluminum, so by being careful and not letting the acid sit in there for long periods we got some seriously gravel sized chunks of calcified crap to blow out of the water jacket.

Good Luck!

SONIC. said:
Not as easy as you think.
Thermostat is good
No clogs
No leaks
No bubbles in radiator
No coolant in oil or oil in coolant.
Pump, impeller, seals all good
Fan good
Airflow good

Fill it with ice cold water and you'll be just fine.

I feel your pain I just spent all day sat and sun climbing under old cars and fixing a pile of stupid little crap to make them ready to drive all the various family members to work. As for the KLR, get a flush kit and clean the crap out of the rad and water jackets. My GL used to run a bit hot and when I had to redo some shit that required the rad removed I did a fluch and fill, I used peak or prestone, followed the insturctions then rinsed the whole system with distilled water and re-filled the system with coolant, a lot of white crap came out and after that the bike ran way cooler, until 20K Km's later and the head gaskets shit the bed, then it just pissed coolant all over the road. I love my old bike LOL.

Why don't you just run it wide open until it blows up. Take it on some insane trails, run it through rivers and over some jumps. Just rag it out, call it a bitch whore and kick it to the curb.

deviant said:
Just rag it out, call it a bitch whore and kick it to the curb.

Naw. You only do that to M20s. It didn't come from the factory overheating so its got to be fixable.

deviant said:
Why don't you just run it wide open until it blows up. Take it on some insane trails, run it through rivers and over some jumps. Just rag it out, call it a bitch whore and kick it to the curb.

That's what I am going to do to the TS250.
But once I kick it to the curb I am then going to pull out my 9mm and put 50 rounds into it, followed by setting it on fire (if the bullets and gas don't do that for me)

If you cut down on the time spent acting like a little bitch with a broken high heel and incressed the time spent working on it you would stand a better chance

Back
Top Bottom