Project Tesoro: cb360 Brat build

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 232
I'm real surprised I haven't made any comments in here, thought I had but maybe it was just PM's
The cam oilfeed doesn't actually need any any modification, the left side will get oil from normal fee hole and the right side will fill up to a level high enough to run through center drilling. Centifugal force will sling it out where needed

cactus said:
That is one good looking bike. How are you keeping that tank rust free? did you spray a clear coat on it?

No, I'm going to let nature take its course and if it rusts a little I'll clear coat afterwards. Want that patina look ;D

Out of curiosity, it looks like you wrapped the forks underneath the headlight ears. What purpose does this serve other than aesthetic and I would guess giving the ears a more snug fitment?

Very good eye, yes I wrapped them in black athletic tape because although the ears were the appropriate size they could only torque down to a slip fit. This was a last minute decision to make sure they never slipped.

Very nice, I may end up doing this myself. The OEM headlight ears on my 450 ended up rusting and pitting the upper portion of my forks, this would be a good way of hiding that hideousness until I can replace them proper.

Overall, very nice build. Watched it from the very beginning, stopped coming on for a while due to a lack of money/motivation to work on my own bike and I love seeing the progress everyone else made in my absence.

reesea17 said:
Very nice, I may end up doing this myself. The OEM headlight ears on my 450 ended up rusting and pitting the upper portion of my forks, this would be a good way of hiding that hideousness until I can replace them proper.

Overall, very nice build. Watched it from the very beginning, stopped coming on for a while due to a lack of money/motivation to work on my own bike and I love seeing the progress everyone else made in my absence.

Thanks man, much appreciated. I know exactly what you mean. I've almost hit that wall too since I can't get her running to save my life. Thankfully everyone on here is helping me through the tough times.

M.B Co said:
Sorry if I missed it, but what kind of shocks are those?

The rear shocks are just from DCC, I took them apart and ditched the upper cups, took the shock down to bare metal and painted the springs flat black to match the frame.

On the short bars you used (I just put on the same one) did you have to get shorter throttle cables and clutch cable? And where did you get the throttle tube? I usually shop DCC. Your build looks good I'm in the process of making a seat. What problems are you having to get it/keep it running? Killer build man!

Jones_97 said:
On the short bars you used (I just put on the same one) did you have to get shorter throttle cables and clutch cable? And where did you get the throttle tube? I usually shop DCC. Your build looks good I'm in the process of making a seat. What problems are you having to get it/keep it running? Killer build man!

Yea i got a shorter clutch cable (the one for "low bars") and its still a little long. The throttle tube is DCC and the throttle cable is the custom made one that comes with the Mikuni kit.

I thought it was a carb problem but it looks like something to do with the cam timing being off, at least its fixable!

Thanks for the kind words man!

Dragonfish said:
Can I ask where you got those mirrors? I love em!

Of course, I got them off Amazon actually. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0073Q48TI/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cb360 Brat - SHE RUNS!!

Thanks to crazypj and his carbs I got her running great for the first time ever, took her out around the block-back for adjustments and so on until she purrs like a kitten :)

Although...
Rear brake squeaks like hell
It's impossible to snatch neutral while at a stop (always first or 2nd)
Clutch aaaaaaalmost makes the engine die while at a stop light and its in 1st

These are things I can live with for now but I have a question about the clutch killing the engine. From the TOP adjuster nut, do i screw it in towards the lever or towards the headlight?

Back
Top Bottom