Project Tesoro: cb360 Brat build

Looking good, did you powder coat the rims or buy them black? how is the paint on the frame? any chipping or is it pretty tough?

Keep up the good work

The rims I had PC'd because I needed them blasted anyway (lots of rust and pitting)

The paint on the frame is holding up decent, but its been inside and i've been pretty careful when wrenching on it. Passed the fingernail test though ::)

Gave up on the cl360 tank that i painted :'( But I did pick up a cm400 tank from timeconsuming and was surprised how easy I got it to match up. I drilled out the front hangers and put a longer piece of 8mm all thread and the bumpers sit right on there. I can even adjust them for a nice snug fit. Then for the rear support I bent the metal overhang of the tank just slightly so it rests on the frame and put some rubber o-ring piece in place to absorb vibration. Then I got carried away and stripped the black paint from the logos...i think it will tie in well with the gold chain i bought ::)

By the way if anyone wants a cl360 tank painted with the wrong type of paint let me know haha

Attachments

• fronttanksupport.jpg
    fronttanksupport.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 291
  • reartanksupport.jpg
    reartanksupport.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 283
  • rawtankon.jpg
    rawtankon.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 301
  • tankbadge.jpg
    tankbadge.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 293
Hey man. Are you using PIRELLI city demons? If not, what tire are you using? What size?

juan@crqcycles said:
Hey man. Are you using PIRELLI city demons? If not, what tire are you using? What size?

They're Pirelli 'Sport Demon Sport Touring'
Front is 100/90-18
Rear is 110/90-18

How much did the set put you back? I'm really torn between getting a good set of tires performance wise and getting the coker or firestone tires because they simply look awesome...

reesea17 said:
How much did the set put you back? I'm really torn between getting a good set of tires performance wise and getting the coker or firestone tires because they simply look awesome...

I don't blame ya, im looking at the invoice and it looks like they were 200 shipped with some sale going on. Don't remember too well since it was so long ago

Finnigan said:
They're Pirelli 'Sport Demon Sport Touring'
Front is 100/90-18
Rear is 110/90-18

They look quite nice man! I dig them! Did you have any problems with the fitting? Did they rub somewhere or something?

juan@crqcycles said:
They look quite nice man! I dig them! Did you have any problems with the fitting? Did they rub somewhere or something?

I appreciate that! No theres plenty of space all around, I can take detailed pics if you want to see more closely

Finnigan said:
I appreciate that! No theres plenty of space all around, I can take detailed pics if you want to see more closely

Thanks but don't worry man! I have a 125 Honda and I'm wondering what tire size/model would be the biggest I could fit in there. I don't know for sure, but I don't think this bike is much bigger than mine!

Re: Project Tesoro: cb360 Brat build -first home made seat attempt-

It's not bolted down yet, which i hope will help the gaps, but i think it turned out pretty jazzy 8)

Attachments

• seatfar.jpg
    seatfar.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 294
  • seatclose.jpg
    seatclose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 280
Lookin good, going a similar way with my bike and it's nice to know it's possible this old hunk of metal we call CB360s look that nice!

Re: Project Tesoro: cb360 Brat build -first home made seat attempt-

Very cool seat. How permanently is the leather attached to the pan though? I would consider reshaping the foam so the seam of the leather properly hits the edge of the foam because not lining it up is taking away from the general look.

Was sad to see you let go of the blue tank after all the work, but gotta say I personally love the brown leather and bare metal tank.

+1 on the gold honda emblem ;D

Looking great Finn. The seat works so nice with the frame. You gonna leave the stripped tank or do another painted when time allows?

GK

shamus said:
Very cool seat. How permanently is the leather attached to the pan though? I would consider reshaping the foam so the seam of the leather properly hits the edge of the foam because not lining it up is taking away from the general look.

right now its tied around the back (like you would lace a shoe) so its easy to remove. Can you explain what you mean, personally i thought the seam forming a border on top of the seat was a look that most brats had. Definitely open to suggestions though!

Back
Top Bottom