Post a pic of your latest purchase

Brodie said:
Rad little engine.
I have a mate who is planning to put an engine like that into a boardtracker bicycle frame he made.

Would love to see it Brodie, have him post it on DTT

Koëstum said:
Thanks man. No plan except to hear it run, just couldn't pass up this little project at $20.

Check out this thread: https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26711

Nice little motor. They were used on DC generators and I'm pretty sure the CLC runs "backwards". I had one on a Popular Mechanics" plans minibike when I was much younger....like 52 years younger. The plans for the minibike are still around on the internet. The base was a 24-26" bicycle frame that was cut and stretched. https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/10/26/so-did-every-single-one-of-you-build-minibikes-as-a-kid/

Koëstum said:
Would love to see it Brodie, have him post it on DTT
Once he gets closer to putting the parts together I will get a few photos off him. He is planning to have a girder front end and use a Victa engine to run it. Very long term project with the idea of giving LSR a go.

Brodie,

Are Victa still in business? and what about Hills Hoists? are they still around? Oz wouldn't be the same without some of those classic brands.

Victa still are. But they either have a Briggs or a Honda engine depending on how much you want to spend. Hills hoist became Hills as far as I know and still make rotary close lines. I have one in my yard.

Edit: Can't play goon of fortune with out a Hills.

Rider52 said:
Nice little motor. They were used on DC generators and I'm pretty sure the CLC runs "backwards". I had one on a Popular Mechanics" plans minibike when I was much younger....like 52 years younger. The plans for the minibike are still around on the internet. The base was a 24-26" bicycle frame that was cut and stretched. https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/10/26/so-did-every-single-one-of-you-build-minibikes-as-a-kid/

Yup, runs backwards. Awesome link to the minibike info, thanks.

It looks like with these very small engines people attach an automotive alternator and keep their solar setups charged when it's cloudy.

[quote author=Koëstum]
It looks like with these very small engines people attach an automotive alternator and keep their solar setups charged when it's cloudy.
[/quote]
Ah, the hypocrisy of it all...

Yamaha.jpg

Let the build begin!

Swapped a few old outboards I had been given by my Pop for this bad boy. 30hp 500cc twin. Double the power of what I had on there.

Attachments

• IMG_20190726_122541.jpg
    IMG_20190726_122541.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 476
Brodie said:
Swapped a few old outboards I had been given by my Pop for this bad boy. 30hp 500cc twin. Double the power of what I had on there.
Prop sure looks small for that motor. Very nice and clean.

Very clean for a 13 year old motor. Looks like it has next to no hours on it. It is on a 12.6ft boat so it should be a bit of fun. Still need to sus out the prop with a few test runs.

Brodie said:
Very clean for a 13 year old motor. Looks like it has next to no hours on it. It is on a 12.6ft boat so it should be a bit of fun. Still need to sus out the prop with a few test runs.
I had a 25 HP Evinrude on a 14' aluminum flat-bottom, it had a significantly larger stainless steel prop, and I was able to pull a skier at moderate speed; snatch them right out of the water on take-off, too.

Innamorata 750 said:
Yamaha.jpg

Let the build begin!

Great looking 650, that Grand Wagoneer though yo!!

Just bought this Matchbox last night.

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_103539797.jpg
    IMG_20190727_103539797.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 149
Ducati ST3 2004 dry clutch, 3 valve motor. Not a single piece of plastic can be used. All broken and scratched, so it will become one of those cafe racer things I keep reading about.

Got that big girl out of her old clothes and gave her a quick shower and I think that she can learn to boogie.

I usually prefer more petite, svelte girls but maybe it's time for a larger boned young lady.

Attachments

• DSCN4482.JPG
    DSCN4482.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20190725_164434125_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190725_164434125_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 156
Picked up a lift. It's older, slightly smaller than a HF lift and was right in my price range. I might improve a couple things on it, but it'll be nice to not sit on the floor or hunch over.

Attachments

• 20190727_135508_HDR.jpg
    20190727_135508_HDR.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 162
Yamiya Tank and badges, NOS Speedo and Tach, and a ladies purse from EBAY as a side bag!

Attachments

• IMG_9657.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_9657.HEIC.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_9727.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_9727.HEIC.jpeg
    707.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_9693.jpeg
    IMG_9693.jpeg
    883 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_9709.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_9709.HEIC.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 159
VintageMBike said:
Yamiya Tank and badges, NOS Speedo and Tach, and a ladies purse from EBAY as a side bag!

That is a nice looking bike.

What exhaust?

Like that bag too......did they have more?

Back
Top Bottom