GL500 Cafe Fighter

Thanks everyone for the comps.

Hey Tin, as far as filter foam at first I used some industrial air filter pads, but it didn't last. It tore a hole in it, since then I've been using a UNI filter around the outside of the stacks.

some pics I never posted of the new layout for the foot rests and controls. Pushed them 5" back and 2" up. It's a much more comfortable ride, for sure. I also made a new side stand and removed the mechanics stand.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

rhythmguitar said:
I love the build! Do you have any issues with knee clearance on those cylinder heads??!!

Not at all, so far everyone whose rode it big and small haven't had any problems. My knees do get a little toasty on hot days, but on cooler days or up in the mountains I don't notice.

I love the bike, do you have any pictures of the frame modification to fit the underside of the tank? I'm looking to change to a more narrow tank but know I'm going to run into the ribs on each side of the frame that extend out. I had the same problem with my cb750, but modded the tank instead of the frame.

At Barn's End said:
I love the bike, do you have any pictures of the frame modification to fit the underside of the tank? I'm looking to change to a more narrow tank but know I'm going to run into the ribs on each side of the frame that extend out. I had the same problem with my cb750, but modded the tank instead of the frame.

These are the only two pics I have showing what was removed. Hope it helps.

Cheers

l9XkMI5l.jpg

YA18YPEl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom