Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

Texasstar

Can't is a four letter dirty word
We are keeping her mom! Well Zeke has Tony, Teazer, and Kop to thank for his new build. She was covered in exhaust pipes and Zeke's first word as he uncovered her was Victoria! Tony was once again kind enough to sell us one of his project bikes. This will be Zeke's string so from this point on he will be posting. We loaded her up in the pouring rain and took her home.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 950
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.4 KB · Views: 939
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 901
Pix

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 856
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 824
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 817
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 812
Good luck young man. A little electrolysis will clean that tank right up. Would make a good science fair project to boot.

Awesome! Let me know if you need any stock parts as you go, I have bins of them! I cannot wait to see this 175 back rode worthy. Good luck Zeke!

Hey guy's it's Zeke. I just took apart the cover to the crank and I was able to rotate the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

Texasstar said:
Hey guy's it's Zeke. I just took apart the cover to the crank and I was able to rotate the engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now do a compression check...if its good on compression, you're almost running!

Good luck little buddy!

If you can get her running without tearing her apart, why not? But I wouldn't chance actually taking her out until you at least split the crankcase just to see how the transmission, clutch, shift drum etc are doing. You don't even need to remove the top-end to split the crankcase!

I explained to your dad that it's likely going to have some sludge at the bottom. Sure you can pump diesel through it, but it's much faster to thoroughly spray some B12 Chemtool in the bottom crank case and of course you need to check on the aforementioned parts!

If she's turning over, congrats! That's a good hand to be dealt. Now hurry up and check compression! If those valves are sealing you have a great top-end to work with without even needing to rebuild it just yet.

The bike your dad gifted us boys over here was locked up pretty tight. I stuck an air-compressor hose into the spark-plug hole and she turned great! Wanna race? By that I mean see who gets it running first! Haha.

Sorry... had to be done...

Shift marks are for a 15t front and 32t rear sprocket. 10,000 RPM redline.

Attachments

• Speedo - Zeke.png
    Speedo - Zeke.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 4,188
I'm in! Can't wait to see what you pull off, little man, good luck!

fresh_c said:
Good luck young man. A little electrolysis will clean that tank right up. Would make a good science fair project to boot.
Hey! Thanks I needed a science fair project fresh_c

Back
Top Bottom