XS750 carburetor question

Edrowski

Ok everyone I’m going to try and explain this as best as I can. Due to the passing of a best friend I’ve come into the ownership of a XS750 special. I’m pretty sure it was a 79 but there’s no paperwork on it. When I got it it didn’t have any carbs on it ( long backstory) so my question is where would be the best place to find the carbs. I’ve looked all over Craigslist, eBay and other marketplaces and no luck. I’m not sure what year models are interchangeable or if other bikes have carbs that would fit? I’ve searched everywhere but there’s not a lot about them. Any help is appreciated

XS750 and XS850 will obviously fit, but also carbs from the T300-series Triumph, i.e. carburetted 750 and 900 models from approx. end of the 90ies to early 00ies.

If you're into tinkering: three single VM36 carbs out of a (I think) Polaris snowmobile and lots of rejetting will work as well. In case this is your cup of tea, you may want to look into my XS 750 sidecar thread (see my footer for the link).
Something completely different would be converting to EFI with fuel injection bits from a later Triumph and that shouldn't be too hard mechanically, but you'll need something along a Megasquirt or Speeduino to control the EFI. To be honest that's one of those projects, I am personally rather interested in doing in the future...

Cheers,
Greg

Any year 750 and 850 will fit, Triumph carbs will require you to switch over to pod filters. About 7 or 8 years ago, I posted the correct jetting for that on various XS-Triple forums, so some google-fu should sort you out on that.
(I honestly don't remember anymore...)

Back
Top Bottom