'86 Interceptor 2 smoke project

Hey guys. Started a new job and lost interest in the bike. It's sitting right here in the shop, and I am just now thinking about working on it again. I have started it every once in awhile, and I started to strip the tank. I'm going to try and install/fab some rubber engine mounts, and then de-tab the frame. When that's done, I should probably buy and install the sprockets I want to use so I can do the final mock up. Question: I want/need to buy a front brake reservoir. How do I pick one out that would be a correct replacement? Oh, I also bought some clip on's and I'm pushing the foot pegs back by use of a bracket.

I actually got some work done. The bike is stripped down, and I`m detabbing it in the morning. I decided against the rubber engine mounts, because I`m too lazy. I`m goint to paint the frame black, so thats will be different from what I previously wanted to do. Rear wheel is cleaned. Rear rotor is near 4mm`s thick, so i drilled some holes in it. I dont really care if what i did was wrong or not. Later i`ll try to source a good used one. Engine will be painted black, and all plastics and tank white with some subtle stickers. Its just time to put this stupid thing together.

Some pics now that my computer wants to cooperate.
CAM02100_zpsaj7jfuzm.jpg

CAM02097_zpsscthnhkb.jpg

CAM02096_zpspgt2bz2k.jpg

Primed the frame last night, and painted it this morning, let it dry all day and then started putting it back together. Painted frame with Rust-oleum appliance epoxy. I like this paint because it's the only one thats actually worth a crap (from a can).
CAM02102_zpsawsguqbl.jpg

An hour with an angle grinder with a stiff bristle brush on my gas tank really worked well and I saved $100 doing it this way (price quoted to sandblast tank).
Also, some other pieces in place:
painted%20frame_zpslpkypkk6.png

I'm going to post this here before I look into posting it somewhere else on this site. I'm looking for a Freddie Spencer rear seat with integrated side panels. Does anybody know where to look for such a thing? If you need a picture, I could try and find one and post it, but I'm sure many know what I'm talking about. I looked at Airtech, but didn't see one. Thanks.

i doubt they are the same, but I have a spare fiberglass tail section for the 1000 interceptor if your interested in seeing if it will work

Thanks guys. I'll look up Pacomotorstuff and see what they offer. Maritime- I'd be interesed in seeing what it looks like. Thanks!

Thanks hurco, but I was looking for something more like this:
freddie-spencer-hondas-4_zpsr1akgrxj.jpg

I was looking for a good spot to mount the CDI box. When I looked at the battery box, I noticed there was a spot next to it for the starter solenoid. Since I won't need that, I thought this might work. So I bent the tabs a little, found a rubber strap and mounted it. Looks like a good spot to me :)
CAM02111_zpszrbino0v.jpg

I contacted Airtech and they actually sent me back an email stating that they will be producing that very seat and should be ready for sale by the end of the month. $230+shipping. May have to look at that in the near future???

Back
Top Bottom