73 cl175 carb help!

Washingtoncl175

Pulled my carb and found a jet and this little piece sitting in the float bowl! (I rebuilt my carbs earlier this year and have no clue why these would've come out) BUT. I have no idea where the piece on the left goes. I've never seen it before. Can anyone help??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1125a9de24a781d08b841349840a0ce3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The small brass piece is where the needle seats. It is pressed in from the bottom and goes underneath the emulsion tube on the right. When I say underneath I mean holding the carb upside down. That piece goes in first. It's the lower #3 in the picture, above 14.

Be sure that it is pressed in the correct way (look at the other carb for reference - you can just eyeball it down the main bore of the carb and compare the height).

E13315020.gif

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

The small piece is the needle jet and is the same as many other Honda's of that era including CB750 and CB77. They come in a couple of different lengths but most are the same bore and same OD.

It is pressed in lightly from the bottom of the carb. You can usually drop it in and allow the emulsion tube to press it into place as you tighten it

Back
Top Bottom